my new baby... AKA The Café

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME reef roids can help in the right situation. Your tank is probably too young still. Wait until you've got 6 months to a year on your tank and very steady phosphates before trying them.
Dang it. This is all so repetitive.
Wait Reaction GIF by Raghav Bansal

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my goodness, I LOVE these guys! My LFS has about 6 in their frag tank - they are super neat!!
And not as “damsely” as most damsels lol. I have them in my frag tanks, not for pests as all of stuff gets super dipped and qt’d, but for pod control.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And not as “damsely” as most damsels lol. I have them in my frag tanks, not for pests as all of stuff gets super dipped and qt’d, but for pod control.
Should it do well with the clowns? If so I'm totally getting one, these things are awesome.

I haven't noticed any aggression whatsoever between the clowns and the goby, but you never know...

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should it do well with the clowns? If so I'm totally getting one, these things are awesome.

I haven't noticed any aggression whatsoever between the clowns and the goby, but you never know...
Mine have never paid attention to clowns, gobies, blennies or my mandarins. They do not like other damsels though lol.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the healing going homie?
I'm at 95% healed. Got the bike out a few days ok to see what needs fixed. I'll be riding this weekend. :)

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about springeri vs black axil?
Chromis or damsel? I assume chromis, as a true black axil damsel (golden back damsel) is rare to see in the trade.

If chromis, they will eat pods, but not at the rate a springerii will. They are also very susceptible to uronema and most of the time come in with it.

If you can confirm they are from Fiji and not Indo, the Fiji ones are more hardy for whatever reason.

If a damsel, heck no. They are mean buggers.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chromis or damsel? I assume chromis, as a true black axil damsel (golden back damsel) is rare to see in the trade.

If chromis, they will eat pods, but not at the rate a springerii will. They are also very susceptible to uronema and most of the time come in with it.

If you can confirm they are from Fiji and not Indo, the Fiji ones are more hardy for whatever reason.

If a damsel, heck no. They are mean buggers.
I still don't know how to tell the difference between chromis and damsels with similar coloring... But thanks for the advice!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back