0C3560D3-3984-44E2-BABF-51CB166B7E2C.jpeg
Looks good!

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I just plan to cut it thin enough to fit right in front of the rocks?

This would still allow PLENTY of room for coral growth.

I could also add the shrooms I have now on it. :)
My honest opinion, it's unsightly and you have a lot of open sandbed in your tank.

Use that for your frags. I have corals in the sand bed, on racks on the sand and racks on the wall. There is no real difference.

Frag racks are cool, but you really don't have the quantity to justify even needing one. Your tank is young. It doesn't have to be full next week.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My honest opinion, it's unsightly and you have a lot of open sandbed in your tank.

Use that for your frags. I have corals in the sand bed, on racks on the sand and racks on the wall. There is no real difference.

Frag racks are cool, but you really don't have the quantity to justify even needing one. Your tank is young. It doesn't have to be full next week.
Instant gratification

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Eh, I’m getting 6 frags in on Tuesday, one of which will be a 2-headed mottled hammer.......

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@James_O

while it is a good idea, it’s also just one more thing to collect algae growth and help detritus get stuck places.

mad @Lost in the Sauce said you really don’t have enough corals to need one. The stuff you got will be happy in the sand bed without causing more places for detritus to build up and more places for algae to grow

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eh, I’m getting 6 frags in on Tuesday, one of which will be a 2-headed mottled hammer.......
So with the six newcomers, that'll put you at what eight corals, nine?

Look at the sand bed.

20+ in about 12"x5".

It is your tank, you can do whatever you want. You can put a McDonald's cup in there if you want. My point was to remind you that yes, a lot of people have racks, but they are not a necessity to have a reef tank. You have what you need already. Corals look better on sand than racks imo.

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • None.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.1%
Back