my new baby... AKA The Café

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also most people run a ration of 70% blues and 30%
Well, it's official, I'm screwed! Right now (in the afternoon) it is on 52% blue and 27% white. However, I keep it on more white than blue.... is this bad? Should I have more blue than white?

I REALLY don't know anything. :(

---

It just freaks me out, because this is what happened to my super small torch. (Although, I really can't blame myself, as the skeleton was cracked)

---
EDIT: I usually have the light at 70% white and 30% blue. :/

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's official, I'm screwed! Right now (in the afternoon) it is on 52% blue and 27% white. However, I keep it on more white than blue.... is this bad? Should I have more blue than white?

---

It just freaks me out, because this is what happened to my super small torch. (Although, I really can't blame myself, as the skeleton was cracked)

---
White leads to algae

Switch it up

Go blue!!

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, is my hammer ok?
P1090882.JPG
P1090891.JPG
P1090893.JPG
P1090883.JPG

(The head to the left is the one in question)

Some of the tentacles look deflated. :(

Could it be that there is to much flow hitting that side? And that's why only that part of that head is like that?
Looks good for being fresh in the tank

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, it's looking better!
P1090897.JPG

There's still like, 1 or 2 deflated, but all of the rest reflated!
This will be a reoccurring theme. Corals perk up and down some days. They JUST went through a dramatic shipping ordeal.

Teach yourself to take a breath. You'll need a lot of them worrying this much.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

---

---
I honestly didn't want to post because it literally is shooting from the hip not knowing par. When I set up my v2+ lamp I tried to go by how it looked. How it looked ended up being 150 par higher than my black box and I burned some shrooms up nicely.
So take that for what it is. Basicly nothing until you know where par sits.
I will say your lamp looks too close to me still.
Don't sweat the small stuff. See how it does and make corrections but can tell you ive read from most of the people I follow they typically start in lower flow low light area to acclimate. Less cant hurt. Maybe slow down the process. MOAR can kill and will kill alot of stuff real quick.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9638BD90-DA64-44EF-8837-E738D4BB6122.jpeg

I too haven’t had a haircut. Although it’s been since February for me. Excuse the mask. Company policy. Have to wear it

We just got locked down for an additional 4 weeks, I get my second jab tomorrow, serious introvert here, hate how people are already hitting beaches due to a lack of care for everyone with the first "heat wave", mid June so just around the summer solstice, I thought the same last year and it all went bobies skywards, still too much no face covering over here.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also run your lights how you like them @James_O
Just know corals acclimated to blue spectrum usually have a hard time going to MOAR white spectrum and vise versa. There are papers it shows certain corals have a hard time acclimating themselves to white spectrum they have to go through some kind of change either physically or chemically or mentally. Cant recall which but probably all 3 haha.
Brs and others have spent tons of money in r and d and too many papers out there showing corals use mostly blue spectrum. Regardless of how you like the way it looks def make sure blue is in there.
Your settings look OK to me. And not knowing anything about your particular lamp I wouldnt want to comment on that and see something bad happen.
Just know with all that said. Go super slow changing things up with lighting. Like 1% either way per channel per week and watch how they react slow.
I've been dialing my lamp that way for close to a year now.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back