F i s h y

Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
They aren't coming over. Really, I just don't trust her, giving her inexperience with fish and terrible track record with other animals.

I really want to get both, but I simply can't afford it.

My FW fish have gone a week at a time without food. What makes saltwater fish different? (Just curious)
My opinion and only my opinion... the metabolism is higher in nearly every saltwater fish I have ever owned...

BeltedCoyote

Lord of the Memes
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
My opinion and only my opinion... the metabolism is higher in nearly every saltwater fish I have ever owned...

true. But I stand by what I said with such a small tank. I’d be more worried about Evap. But that’s just me

BeltedCoyote

Lord of the Memes
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Anyway, gn guys!

I'll see your answers in the mornin'. ;)

you say as you keep liking posts
Schadenfreude Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Top Shelf Aquatics

F i s h y

Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
true. But I stand by what I said with such a small tank. I’d be more worried about Evap. But that’s just me
:) look at you flexing :)...

Just kidding with you.

I agree. Salinity swings will be gradual and the fish and coral will probably be fine. But with new coral, stability is the key to success. So stable salinity is a great idea.

There are pods in the tank and that will help sustain the fish. Not long term but while on vacation they should be good.

I would go ATO....

BeltedCoyote

Lord of the Memes
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
:) look at you flexing :)...

Just kidding with you.

I agree. Salinity swings will be gradual and the fish and coral will probably be fine. But with new coral, stability is the key to success. So stable salinity is a great idea.

There are pods in the tank and that will help sustain the fish. Not long term but while on vacation they should be good.

I would go ATO....

haha not trying to flex. Just going with what I have experienced. But I admit I do feel better knowing you agree my guy.

F i s h y

Cronies
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
haha not trying to flex. Just going with what I have experienced. But I admit I do feel better knowing you agree my guy.
Lol yup sure do...

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
So do they have a preference on food? I usually feed corals after lights out with the exception of my Goni/alves (and when I feed those the entire tank gets dried rotifers)
I can't tell you that I know the preference, but I haven't found a shroom that doesn't turn into an onion when I feed. My shrooms get the same concoction as everyone else.

Base of oyster feast+ tank water in equal parts, pinch of reef roids, a cube mysis or reef gumbo, a cube of fresh hatched brine.

I'll post up an onion field next time I feed.

If anyone has any good additional ingredients, lmk.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Reefing_addiction

Corals over Crack
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have been using the JBJ since January haven’t failed me yet when I do weekly water changes I also my return pump and the auto top off just make sure it’s running correct also when you buy an ATO you also need to buy a return pump
Some atos (Tunze for sure) come with the pump

danieyella

shouldn't have done that...
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
can confirm the coralvue does as well
As does the aqua duetto - that's what I ran on my 90 for 2 years and now have running in the pico (now that I'm fancy and don't need a pump for my ato)

Reefing_addiction

Corals over Crack
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
As does the aqua duetto - that's what I ran on my 90 for 2 years and now have running in the pico (now that I'm fancy and don't need a pump for my ato)
Huh what’s this fancy thing you speak of

danieyella

shouldn't have done that...
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
BRS

LRT

FrankNPeeps;)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Here's my ATO its filling as we speak.
All I have to do is hang float on sump push connect a line to float and bottom nipple on brute can and done.
Been set up on gravity feed for over a yr now and really has never failed me. Especially when power goes out.
All I have to do is make sure I clean the drip end at float every once in awhile so it doesn't clog up and forget to drip.
20210616_193158.jpg

BeltedCoyote

Lord of the Memes
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
PXL_20210617_021714610.jpg

Just got home from work. I think he missed me

thats the face of a happy noodle floof. My boy grunts out of happiness and contentment. It’s adorable. And hilarious.

@Smirkish kellie and I am wondering if Shelby will pick that up from him haha

BeltedCoyote

Lord of the Memes
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Here's my ATO its filling as we speak.
All I have to do is hang float on sump push connect a line to float and bottom nipple on brute can and done.
Been set up on gravity feed for over a yr now and really has never failed me. Especially when power goes out.
All I have to do is make sure I clean the drip end at float every once in awhile so it doesn't clog up and forget to drip.
20210616_193158.jpg

if I had the space…

LRT

FrankNPeeps;)
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
if I had the space…
This ones temporary. Looking at a 200 gallon i can stick in garage and run line through wall behind tanks. Nice having fish room butt up against garage.

Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!
AquaNerd