my new baby... AKA The Café

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot mine
I was going to try and get some better quality photos of his tank (sorry Frank, no offense ;Woot ) but I was kinda scatter brained once I saw all the coral and forgot;Bucktooth

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home to a not happy tank after a weekend at my parents.... not sure what my tank is doing.... nitrates tested at a big fat 0.... PO4 at .15. Now have dinos? Didn't when I left.... going to change out RO membranes this week.... all my sps have burned tips, I have explosive growth on my hydnaphora like very noticeable since Friday. Zoas look fine.... lps not happy....

Did a 10 gallon water change on the tank (40B)
Need to lower PO4 just a tad and find some nitrates...

Anxiety is peaking tonight.... deep breaths...

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you sure burned tips not growth ??dump a lil skimmate in to up nutrients
I'm really old school no skimmer.... I think maybe the tips are not burned but the dinos were attaching to them at the tips causing tissue recession...

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My birdsnest frags have added nearly an inch of growth in 4 weeks.... my acro frags about 1/4 to 1/2... the tank was on fire (still probably is) just worried about the sudden dinos...

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got to thinking..... im running an acclimation schedule right now on this tank because of new additions.... wonder if the difference in light intensity is leading to the dinos? Thoughts from our reefing team?

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no skimmer on dt?? do water change on dt,use to do w change on frag?? ;)
remember no fix in a bottle ;)
Hmmmm ill test dt tomorrow but yes no skimmer there either. I believe in the balance of lots of real live rock, macro algae, and water changes. If it has a little higher nutrients ill do a water change with it. Great idea!

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home to a not happy tank after a weekend at my parents.... not sure what my tank is doing.... nitrates tested at a big fat 0.... PO4 at .15. Now have dinos? Didn't when I left.... going to change out RO membranes this week.... all my sps have burned tips, I have explosive growth on my hydnaphora like very noticeable since Friday. Zoas look fine.... lps not happy....

Did a 10 gallon water change on the tank (40B)
Need to lower PO4 just a tad and find some nitrates...

Anxiety is peaking tonight.... deep breaths...
Blow off the rocks with a turkey baster and agitate the sump and let the corals feed on the suspended detritus. I would also feed the tank asap Red Sea a & b roids or something similar and address the phosphates later right now they are hungry and mad. I would also reduce light intensity specifically the whites until you get some nitrates in the tank hopefully you can prevent any further burnt tips and bleaching. There are nitrate additives you might be able to get on amazon shipped asap never used and not sure if they will add phosphates

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back