my new baby... AKA The Café

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s not a breeze for me either. Sharp blades help but still the screws can come loose the blade can come loose the bar can bend a bit more then I like but it gets the job done and my hand out of the tank. I use a Tunze scraper for lightweight film algae.
where did you get replacement razors?

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The boy. :)

DSC_0014 (1024x730).jpg

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is excellent and if you had posted the original I would have cried, my boy passed (he was never going to grow old) so it became my Ricky song, his half sister is Zoe so I think about them both, she was about 10 when he passed. :)
I’m so sorry Simon. Your heart must weep for him constantly. Father and mother should never have to bury their young

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so sorry Simon. Your heart must weep for him constantly. Father and mother should never have to bury their young

Thanks, I have a pic above my desk of Zoe at one day old when I took him in to the maternity unit so all four of us together, makes me smile every time I look at it. :)

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I have a pic above my desk of Zoe at one day old when I took him in to the maternity unit so all four of us together, makes me smile every time I look at it. :)
You have reminded me how fragile life is.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have reminded me how fragile life is.

This properly leads back to my tanks, I don't test or do water changes (not running a "method"), i watch my corals and fish, dose AFR daily and basically leave it to get on with it, my tank will never be a pretty sps showcase but as long as my fish and corals are ok then I am content. :)
Day one after shiny sulk, it gets better every day for about two weeks and then sulks and sheds again. :)

DSC_0003 (1024x684).jpg

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This properly leads back to my tanks, I don't test or do water changes (not running a "method"), i watch my corals and fish, dose AFR daily and basically leave it to get on with it, my tank will never be a pretty sps showcase but as long as my fish and corals are ok then I am content. :)
Day one after shiny sulk, it gets better every day for about two weeks and then sulks and sheds again. :)

DSC_0003 (1024x684).jpg
A tank on cruise control is a beautiful thing.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been hard to get mine back on cruise control since the flatworm exit episode. I can’t help but test when coral look unhappy and lately the test show I’m low on nitrate. In all my years I’ve never been low on nitrate before.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been hard to get mine back on cruise control since the flatworm exit episode. I can’t help but test when coral look unhappy and lately the test show I’m low on nitrate. In all my years I’ve never been low on nitrate before.

I did follow, I don't generally do chemicals so in the past I just siphoned the flatworms into a fine sock in the sump and changed the carbon a lot, you will get the feel back. :)

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did follow, I don't generally do chemicals so in the past I just siphoned the flatworms into a fine sock in the sump and changed the carbon a lot, you will get the feel back. :)
Thank you, It’s been a month of ups and downs but I’m seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now. Just in time too because Lost is hosting a frag swap for us in just a couple weeks

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 64 85.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.0%
Back