my new baby... AKA The Café

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dropped a filter sock in the sump, used my pump and hose tube, siphoned out a bunch of detritus. some sand. and a ton of my dwarf ceriths, was like panning for gold only theres 300-400 gold nuggets and you want to collect them all.

Good Idea @Lost in the Sauce on the sump sock. I was doing into a bucket and water changing, as @fishguy242 would say.... ffffff thattt

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dropped a filter sock in the sump, used my pump and hose tube, siphoned out a bunch of detritus. some sand. and a ton of my dwarf ceriths, was like panning for gold only theres 300-400 gold nuggets and you want to collect them all.

Good Idea @Lost in the Sauce on the sump sock. I was doing into a bucket and water changing, as @fishguy242 would say.... ffffff thattt
I've got some junk filter socks that came with my sump kit That work really well for this.

I honestly have no idea how sand always gets onto the bottom of my my frag tank but it does...

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got some junk filter socks that came with my sump kit That work really well for this.

I honestly have no idea how sand always gets onto the bottom of my my frag tank but it does...
its like glitter in the art world. lol

but seriously i need a little better method for sorting out the dwarf ceriths from sand and detritus. Wonder if a media bag would let me clear that up? and just get sand and snail

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
good afternoon all... :)
Throwback Thursday ...;)
WP_20160809_007.jpg
WP_20160312_009 (1).jpg

am on the lookout for a piece of slimer and purple tort,just sayin'...:)

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good afternoon all... :)
Throwback Thursday ...;)
WP_20160809_007.jpg
WP_20160312_009 (1).jpg

am on the lookout for a piece of slimer and purple tort,just sayin'...:)
I may have some cali tort at some point soon.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got nothing except I have been telling people to siphon in to socks in the sump for years, because I don't do water changes everything disturbed takes a long time to settle again even with floss, watch your corals and fish, lots of people on here know but it does take time, you will get a feel for your tank, don't stress nutrient levels unless they are low, everything needs to eat. :)

DSC_0003 (1024x684).jpg

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got nothing except I have been telling people to siphon in to socks in the sump for years, because I don't do water changes everything disturbed takes a long time to settle again even with floss, watch your corals and fish, lots of people on here know but it does take time, you will get a feel for your tank, don't stress nutrient levels unless they are low, everything needs to eat. :)

DSC_0003 (1024x684).jpg
Mine are low boosting them back up :)

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing acting weird in the tank is the octo/frogspawn which is why I questioned the nutrients. Only thing new is the added light bars.

it looks healthy tissue wise on skeleton. Maybe its splitting?

other hammers and octos are fine, no signs of pests either

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 22

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paranoid testing nitrate now again .2 guh…
Better than zero

been feeding the crap out of the tank, more skimmate i guess frank
Feeding the tank more is mostly going to increase your phosphates- you won’t really see a boost in nitrates without adding in additional livestock (which will also increase your feeding/phos) until the fish you have grow. Depending on how Clean your system is running, it could take a much bigger bioload to bring it up where you want it. Have you considered dosing? Brightwell is supposed to make a good additive for this.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeding the tank more is mostly going to increase your phosphates- you won’t really see a boost in nitrates without adding in additional livestock (which will also increase your feeding/phos) until the fish you have grow. Depending on how Clean your system is running, it could take a much bigger bioload to bring it up where you want it. Have you considered dosing? Brightwell is supposed to make a good additive for this.
Yep! thats what ive been using. local reef store is having a sale this weekend, might go see what if any wrasses they have. but @Mibu scared me saying my purple tang will become evil :p

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back