my new baby... AKA The Café

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even a plain ole finger sponge will last them a very long time, as long as you are feeding them other food. I have a red finger sponge that is 3 years in my tank, 2 yellow sponges about 2 years that my eblii munches on from time to time and they are not affected at all. Granted he is a sump fish now, just due to me tearing down the macro tank, but he hasnt touched a single coral in all that time. He also has macro, sponge and other foods to eat.

I feel that if you can provide close to the diet they need (not what you think they need) then they leave corals alone. Same goes for Foxface. I have only had 1 foxface that ate corals. Towards the end of me being in the military, I was not home and it was only getting frozen food. It then decided to eat corals. Once home, I started giving it plenty of macros to eat and eating corals stopped. It was like it was missing some nutrient/vitamin or something from the macros and decided it needed to eat corals to get it.
I feed lots of nori, emerald entree, selcon, rotifer powder and copepod powder, the red bacteria powder , pellet.

I do want a macro tank eventually that I can harvest some algae to feed :)

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed lots of nori, emerald entree, selcon, rotifer powder and copepod powder, the red bacteria powder , pellet.

I do want a macro tank eventually that I can harvest some algae to feed :)
If you are feeding that, then you are feeding a nice and diverse diet.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started DRY so its only alive with what comes from frags and additions. i've seen some cool sponges that people have an i think woah wish i had some of that.
@Mibu meaning corraline, pods, some algae, bristles , some stars, aptasia, the only live im missing is sponges .. err algaes.. considering the macro display sump ill probs get some nice live rock :)
better hurry ,i only have about 1500 lbs live rock left...:p
I really wanna christmas tree worm rock . like real bad.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Mibu meaning corraline, pods, some algae, bristles , some stars, aptasia, the only live im missing is sponges .. err algaes.. considering the macro display sump ill probs get some nice live rock :)

I really wanna christmas tree worm rock . like real bad.
I 100% promise you. Your angel will feel like they are having a christmas with one of those colonies.

I am sure there is more to live rock than what we can get from frags. That's a much larger discussion than I'd like to try to get into this next few weeks.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 00% promise you. Your angel will feel like they are having a christmas with one of those colonies.

I am sure there is more to live rock than what we can get from frags. That's a much larger discussion than I'd like to try to get into this next few weeks
I edited it :)

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you ever fell like just whipping it out, go ahead and whip out your Halichoeres bivittatus and let the world see it.

IMG_7787.JPG

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone should have told you that the Halichoeres bivittatus doesn't photograph well...
I did not take the pic from below, so it just looks small. Water is also a little cold.

Decides Terrence Howard GIF

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back