1664046911702.png
my favorite prediction

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ah coffee time here...then a hours of sanding some areas and then the fun of cleaning up to prime the walls. Glad i removed all the old wood flooring. Bare concrete is easy to clean..oh, been chatting with some who is tearing down 2 large tanks, and selling a everything. We are going today to look at a few fish, several royal gramas and some black storm clowns are for sure what we want. There are a few tangs but we really have to pass on them, since we have 6 in the 300 and I really do not want to upset the group. They all get along . Perhaps when the 600 is up, and I move them all to it, add a few more. He has some relly nice sps, and lps but someone bought everything...So I guess next time..going to cut my old 140 gallon, 6feet long tank in half to make two frag tanks and then go buy tear downs. Have a few things in the works to get 1 Ocean LLC off the ground and start sales. Plan is private fish locators, frags and the main thing acrylic products. Been working on prototypes for 5 gallon containers for stuff like ato, kalk or what ever someone wants to put in them. I have a huge cnc table system. Now looking at a big table machine that allows you to bend acrylic at specific angles. This would be huge, less glue seams...since I built most of my stuff for the 300, people here who have seen it have gotten me clients.. Still slow. Built a sump and now doing a 180 gallon fresh tank with a sump. Also have to refinish the used acrylic tank they bought ...ah coffee ready...
Hey! I'm in the process of setting up a page now and have found Amazon AWS is really inexpensive to get started and pretty easy to setup...
Checkout these:
Super cheap and easy to register your domain name using aws Route 53.

So far I am using just a static page for free (aws S3) and I have a domain name for 2 years for $24...
not too bad startup cost... and there is so much room to grow with AWS I'm all set...

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I'm in the process of setting up a page now and have found Amazon AWS is really inexpensive to get started and pretty easy to setup...
Checkout these:
Super cheap and easy to register your domain name using aws Route 53.

So far I am using just a static page for free (aws S3) and I have a domain name for 2 years for $24...
not too bad startup cost... and there is so much room to grow with AWS I'm all set...
Thanks for the info....I will share it with Mrs 1 Ocean, she is a graphics person for 30 plus years and worked in product development and advertising companies for long time. Now a company that makes everything from logo's, swag items, printed,pressed, embroidered, signs and to truck car wraps etc stole her for their company...I am super lucky, all free to me...

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning coffee, got rid of my 2 day caffeine withdrawal headache.

Trying to reduce my tolerance.

Tank is looking really good after a water change and some glass cleaning. Starting to see new nubs forming on the base of the acros.

The new ones are slowly growing over the glue.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna strangle this man. Yesterday when he was asking me irrelevant questions all day long, he also asked where I'm located, I gave him a general approximation ( major intersection within 5min) today when I tell him the fish is ready, he asks where again then comments that it's 1.5 hr drive :angry-face: why didn't you look this up yesterday when I gave you this info?!

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna strangle this man. Yesterday when he was asking me irrelevant questions all day long, he also asked where I'm located, I gave him a general approximation ( major intersection within 5min) today when I tell him the fish is ready, he asks where again then comments that it's 1.5 hr drive :angry-face: why didn't you look this up yesterday when I gave you this info?!
Seinfeld Soup GIF

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guy who's taking the tangs said he's good waiting for me to clear out the new tank and get my fish I'm keeping moved over - no rush. Also said he'd take anything I have left at the time, so I'm half tempted to just give him the mel as well and block this other person.

TDiefRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How hard would it be to breed them? I'm surprised none of the Cronies do..

@DiefsReef have you noticed any breeding of yours?
No breeding, in fact I think they died after we put them in, still no sight of them and this time no decrease in aips either. Also saw an explosion of pods, which eat the eggs. Bout to buy a truckload of peppermint shrimp

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No breeding, in fact I think they died after we put them in, still no sight of them and this time no decrease in aips either. Also saw an explosion of pods, which eat the eggs. Bout to buy a truckload of peppermint shrimp
Scared to add peppermint shrimp myself after hearing horror stories of them picking corals.

Wishing you luck

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scared to add peppermint shrimp myself after hearing horror stories of them picking corals.

Wishing you luck
I've never had issues with true peps... I have a half dozen...

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back