my new baby... AKA The Café

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Details details give me the details
Same two guys who are wanting to get some of my fish, I told one of them it would be next weekend at the earliest from the start, pre hurricane. The other one, I've caught the fish for him 2x now and he's bailed each time so I've released it again. I have the nudi-friendly fish moved into the cube already. My plan was to get the bergs last wednesday, get them in the cube, and give them time to chew through any aiptasia that got transferred over with the bit of rock I saved before moving my dusky wrasse, marine betta, lantern basslet, or hawks over - they'll all eat them. I'm waiting to move the foxface so she doesn't get too big for her britches being the only bigger fish over there and cause a scene when the dusky and marine betta join her. Obviously Ian delayed the berg delivery, they come this Wednesday now. But, regardless, discussion was for the 9th earliest.

The one dude wanted play 20 questions with me about the mel, I was patient. The post about the fish stated where I was located, he asked me in his 20 questions where I'm located, I told him a major intersection like 5 min away for general area. Day we had set up, I told him I had him caught, he said great he's on his way. Then he followed up with "it's an hour and a half drive I didn't realize it was that far, can you meet me halfway?" nope, no can do buddy, I have another guy taking the tangs who said he'd take everything left so he can just have it. "No no I want it" next day we had lined up, not a word from him. Today, blowing me up again.

Other guy I told from the start, since you're taking everything left it'll be the 9th at the earliest - I need to get everyone else cleared out and moved over. He messages me every 3 days asking if I'm ready for him to come get them. No, I told you the 9th at the earliest in the initial convo as well as every 3 days since then when you've brought this up again. I don't have 5 traps, I'm not cramming them all in the sump, I'm not leaving them in random buckets with air stones, and I'm especially not ripping this tank apart to catch the engineer goby for you while my fish I'm keeping are still living over there.

Oh, I forgot to mention, mel guy has asked me at least once a day what the other guy is giving me for the tangs.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same two guys who are wanting to get some of my fish, I told one of them it would be next weekend at the earliest from the start, pre hurricane. The other one, I've caught the fish for him 2x now and he's bailed each time so I've released it again. I have the nudi-friendly fish moved into the cube already. My plan was to get the bergs last wednesday, get them in the cube, and give them time to chew through any aiptasia that got transferred over with the bit of rock I saved before moving my dusky wrasse, marine betta, lantern basslet, or hawks over - they'll all eat them. I'm waiting to move the foxface so she doesn't get too big for her britches being the only bigger fish over there and cause a scene when the dusky and marine betta join her. Obviously Ian delayed the berg delivery, they come this Wednesday now. But, regardless, discussion was for the 9th earliest.

The one dude wanted play 20 questions with me about the mel, I was patient. The post about the fish stated where I was located, he asked me in his 20 questions where I'm located, I told him a major intersection like 5 min away for general area. Day we had set up, I told him I had him caught, he said great he's on his way. Then he followed up with "it's an hour and a half drive I didn't realize it was that far, can you meet me halfway?" nope, no can do buddy, I have another guy taking the tangs who said he'd take everything left so he can just have it. "No no I want it" next day we had lined up, not a word from him. Today, blowing me up again.

Other guy I told from the start, since you're taking everything left it'll be the 9th at the earliest - I need to get everyone else cleared out and moved over. He messages me every 3 days asking if I'm ready for him to come get them. No, I told you the 9th at the earliest in the initial convo as well as every 3 days since then when you've brought this up again. I don't have 5 traps, I'm not cramming them all in the sump, I'm not leaving them in random buckets with air stones, and I'm especially not ripping this tank apart to catch the engineer goby for you while my fish I'm keeping are still living over there.

Oh, I forgot to mention, mel guy has asked me at least once a day what the other guy is giving me for the tangs.
i would tell them there is gonna be a annoyance tax added to the fish everytime you do NOT listen...and if they keep it up you are selling them to someoneelse...

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would tell them there is gonna be a annoyance tax added to the fish everytime you do NOT listen...and if they keep it up you are selling them to someoneelse...
I'm almost there, the tang guy reached out to me the morning Ian hit saying he'd love to come pick them up that day too. We didn't get the worst of it, but the wind definitely made it unsafe to be on the roads.

simon cowell facepalm GIF

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Honestly I think it’s just people in general.. I’ve been trying to sell a crib on the Facebook marketplace and I have had like 14 no shows now by three people… the saga continues… sorry it’s so frustrating.. I feel you. I would never do that to someone.

Last edited:

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We charge a PITA fee in new construction if people start out being difficult

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugly crap showing up in the tank...

Nutrients fine, think source water 1-2ppm causing it.

Getting some skimmate and microbacter and nutrients up.

We're fine 8n, .002p

Attachments

• PXL_20221004_234819114.jpg
    PXL_20221004_234819114.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 29
  • PXL_20221004_234747916.jpg
    PXL_20221004_234747916.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 30
  • PXL_20221004_234656486.jpg
    PXL_20221004_234656486.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 32

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we rescued a few fish this weekend from someone tearing down a tank. We got a black male clown, a black female storm clown, and a male mocha clown, a pair of Royal Grama's. We had a female mocha so it seems to have been meant to be. SO...we added the RG's and the black clowns and yes there was a little bickering. Two days later we added the mocha male, and instantly he bonded with the female mocha..Today all the bickering is over..so the 300 now has 12 clowns...the other 8 are orange ocellaris..they all sleep in a ball...we are happy and so is the guy who we rescued his fish from...

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we rescued a few fish this weekend from someone tearing down a tank. We got a black male clown, a black female storm clown, and a male mocha clown, a pair of Royal Grama's. We had a female mocha so it seems to have been meant to be. SO...we added the RG's and the black clowns and yes there was a little bickering. Two days later we added the mocha male, and instantly he bonded with the female mocha..Today all the bickering is over..so the 300 now has 12 clowns...the other 8 are orange ocellaris..they all sleep in a ball...we are happy and so is the guy who we rescued his fish from...
Where do you find out about these tank tear downs

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugly crap showing up in the tank...

Nutrients fine, think source water 1-2ppm causing it.

Getting some skimmate and microbacter and nutrients up.

We're fine 8n, .002p
Zoas closing up with the snot bothering them... sticks have snot flags waving from them.

nutrients still fine....

0ppm water going in now. hopefully it clears. Using blues only

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas closing up with the snot bothering them... sticks have snot flags waving from them.

nutrients still fine....

0ppm water going in now. hopefully it clears. Using blues only

Change your carbon even only a week old carbon could be depleted.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Change your carbon even only a week old carbon could be depleted.
I did change it , 2 weeks old. :(

Anything else to get the snot down?
Seems like maybe its on the mend dying off.... filter floss is getting clogged a little faster than usual.

Last edited:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back