my new baby... AKA The Café

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Took this pic today. Many of our plants are still recovering from the hurricane. Frankly, it’s amazing more didn’t die. This one looks rough but is still putting out nice flowers. Rough but pretty… like me.
Anyways, since it’s too cold for you to go outside, I thought you might like the pic.
D4C8A2B0-34D9-4ECE-979D-28DE9D881C5C.jpeg
Ever dry those flowers and make tea? Hibiscus flowers are what they use to make Jamaica.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever dry those flowers and make tea? Hibiscus flowers are what they use to make Jamaica.
No, I have not but have given thought to the idea. We have 5 plants varying in size and all them still young. Although none of them are very big, they do flower up nicely and I imagine will only get more blooms as they mature. I may look into the tea idea deeper.

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took this pic today. Many of our plants are still recovering from the hurricane. Frankly, it’s amazing more didn’t die. This one looks rough but is still putting out nice flowers. Rough but pretty… like me.
Anyways, since it’s too cold for you to go outside, I thought you might like the pic.
D4C8A2B0-34D9-4ECE-979D-28DE9D881C5C.jpeg
Ooo yes l, I love hibiscus. I used to have lots of plants inside and out. I gave up on outdoor plants since we moved to this house 10 years ago. Bought $150 worth and the very next day they were all gone. Deer and rabbits just eat about everything I plant. And since we got the cat a year and a half ago I had to get rid of most my indoor plants too. Cat eats them and most were poisonous.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No, I have not but have given thought to the idea. We have 5 plants varying in size and all them still young. Although none of them are very big, they do flower up nicely and I imagine will only get more blooms as they mature. I may look into the tea idea deeper.
They normally use the red/purple flower. Make sure those yellow ones are safe.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning all you great groundhog lovers! Apparently Phil saw his shadow. I’d not worry about it too much as he’s only been right 40% of the time in the past 10 years. As for me, Phil has no affect on SW FL!

Since six more weeks of winter means nothing in SW FL, I thought it would be nice to post some flowery pics for all you dealing with freezing temps. Imagine that, my being nice! A feat that many of you probably think was not possible. Anyways, I posted one of the pics below in another thread yesterday but, since some of you may not follow that specific thread, I’ll post them it here also. There’s are from plants we have grown. They had really been doing well until hurricane Ian hit us directly last year. It’s amazing to me that any of them survived. What’s more amazing is, while they are still in rough shape, they still put out some beautiful flowers.

422409B5-6E3F-4941-824F-81E09ED7F0A6.jpeg

This one looks like a flower from the above plant but it is actually from a different plant. It’s colors are more vibrant.
75DD02EE-795E-4400-8C8D-CEEB91AC2B87.jpeg

And here’sa red one that gets flowers with a different pattern than traditional Hibiscus.

E45A4B98-DD38-4696-9A6A-9846A300FFF6.jpeg

Last edited:

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They always set up shop in front of dispensaries here in CO.....the struggle is real when you have to pull out cash for the goodies and also for dessert lol
It’s just a smart business model on their end…
I know I’m late to the cookie talk but this post made me chuckle….
63116232-FC8C-4F3C-9586-88B07EB60A4D.jpeg

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone know anything about troubleshooting dishwasher electrical/ power issues?#yanoslookaway

shoot me a PM
Smack him a lil harder...:D

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know anything about troubleshooting dishwasher electrical/ power issues?#yanoslookaway

shoot me a PM
Are you speaking to internal dishwasher electrical issues or electrical supply to the dishwasher issues? (Yes, I realize I did not follow the direction of shooting you a PM. This would kill my wife as whenever she attempts to do just about anything and fails the first thing I ask is, “Did you read the directions?”)

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you speaking to internal dishwasher electrical issues or electrical supply to the dishwasher issues? (Yes, I realize I did not follow the direction of shooting you a PM. This would kill my wife as whenever she attempts to do just about anything and fails the first thing I ask is, “Did you read the directions?”)
it could be either- we go to run it and it just has no power. We tried flipping the breaker (which was never tripped) nothing happened. we let it sit overnight and by morning it had power again. It has now done this 3 times in the last month with the last two times being really close together.

That's the gist.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

shoot me a PM
click the reset button on the nearest GFCI outlet.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it could be either- we go to run it and it just has no power. We tried flipping the breaker (which was never tripped) nothing happened. we let it sit overnight and by morning it had power again. It has now done this 3 times in the last month with the last two times being really close together.

That's the gist.

I sent you a PM to spare the thread participants a divesture from reefing. You know, because that never happens here.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I sent you a PM to spare the thread participants a divesture from reefing. You know, because that never happens here.
Same , guessing loose connection, poss bad gfci breaker ??

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back