my new baby... AKA The Café

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Morning all, just watched this last night and of course it felt appropriate ;Hilarious
robin williams legend GIF

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
happy Friday everyone!!!

@Frigus Reef I've collected a couple bottles to litter my tank too. I remember the thread, did you actually bust up any bottles for your tank?
Yeeeaaahhhh I did!!! Put them in a paper poke and lightly hit them with a hammer, I found a ball peen hammer worked best. Be very gentle and be patient, keep hitting a little bit harder every time and eventually it’ll break. Then glue them back together with superglue and after it dries sand down the sharp edges with a dremel so it doesn’t hurt any fish. I blew some concrete powder all over it and that made it look even older. After that you can add Reef mortar and rock to it. I soaked mine in high salinity saltwater for a few days just to make sure nothing bad was on it. I’ll send you the thread and you can post pictures if you complete it :)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to have you and your pics back :D

Thanks, the incident between fishboy and me has been explained on my journal, it was all my fault for having a very short fuse on a crap day, only in this regard he was the recipient of the crap end of the stick, I'm sure everything he has coming is his fault!
Checkin please @fishguy242 re fumes?

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all just usual routine here drinking coffee, smoking cig catching up on the fishhguy thread. Moose likes and is getting used to the routine in the sun every morning.
20201204_091943.jpg
Moose is such a handsome guy! He really has the profile of my ole girl who was a French mastiff.
Is it still warm out in AZ? It’s 43 here, down to the 20’s at night already!

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeeeaaahhhh I did!!! Put them in a paper poke and lightly hit them with a hammer, I found a ball peen hammer worked best. Be very gentle and be patient, keep hitting a little bit harder every time and eventually it’ll break. Then glue them back together with superglue and after it dries sand down the sharp edges with a dremel so it doesn’t hurt any fish. I blew some concrete powder all over it and that made it look even older. After that you can add Reef mortar and rock to it. I soaked mine in high salinity saltwater for a few days just to make sure nothing bad was on it. I’ll send you the thread and you can post pictures if you complete it :)
Pics of it completed or in the tank?!?! Also, what mortar did you use?

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moose is such a handsome guy! He really has the profile of my ole girl who was a French mastiff.
Is it still warm out in AZ? It’s 43 here, down to the 20’s at night already!
Its 48 degrees Fahrenheit. Feels 68 in the sun. We have rented a cabin up north and hoping for white Xmas this year. Yes he is a 3rd French mastiff and has alot of the characteristics mostly. Third bull mastiff and Third cane Corso mastiff. Hes our mastiff mutt :)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics of it completed or in the tank?!?! Also, what mortar did you use?
I did as well. I used aquarium silicone to glue mine back together.
You have to post on the thread

20200711_204939.jpg
20200711_204941.jpg
20200725_204509.jpg

@Frigus Reef the mods edited my comment in my glass bottle thread. They took down go watch oprah. Kinda disappointed.

Last edited:

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is @Frigus Reef glass bottle thread

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You knew I would interject at some point, I see the idea but would never do this in my tank!

... unless it was a broken rum bottle! ;)
Today it's going to be sanded and mortar added. It's a must to sand. Safety glasses is also need or me be on oprah with glass in the eyes. @BZOFIQ will be watching because he likes oprah.
So the oprah stuff still exists. This is where I really meet some of you.
@Scratch08 @fishguy242 @najer
@TriggerFinger @Erin O
@Frigus Reef
All stopped buy and posted on this thread. Loads of quality laughs.
Thanks for the memory @TriggerFinger
and @BZOFIQ

Last edited:

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the oprah stuff still exists. This is where I really meet some of you.
@Scratch08 @fishguy242 @najer
@TriggerFinger @Erin O
@Frigus Reef
All stopped buy and posted on this thread. Loads of quality laughs.
Thanks for the memory @TriggerFinger
I forgot about the Oprah guy!! Lololol!! I even got in on that one! I was offended because I’ve liked the idea since I read about it in Pauls book a couple years ago! I didn’t see the last couple pages of that thread though. Love your bottles!! How do they look now? Does your wrasse still go in it?! You put the leather ON it?? How?!

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot about the Oprah guy!! Lololol!! I even got in on that one! I was offended because I’ve liked the idea since I read about it in Pauls book a couple years ago! I didn’t see the last couple pages of that thread though. Love your bottles!! How do they look now? Does your wrasse still go in it?! You put the leather ON it?? How?!
I think I'm going to tag him in the post above.
I'll take pics tonight when I get home a cabbage leather resides on it now. Sold the devils hand

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 80 38.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back