my new baby... AKA The Café

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cleaned my glass and made everything mad. Oh well. A few pictures of the things that don’t look too upset
CD3193C6-22C4-4ACB-9E55-A8940851F810.jpeg
47D2F869-CE95-451F-9E50-9AAED42D3B55.jpeg
E548E2AB-776E-4CB4-992B-C0C64BFFDC54.jpeg
BC7D6E9E-DDB3-411C-B3D2-85D0DD7AB0C7.jpeg
hi all... :) you just feed them ..wait till later...bigger than ever.;) how is hammer?
Who needs work when you can reef all day:)
i have soo much work...seems like it will never end...:oops:;)
I need work to pay for my reef addiction, and my upgrade which is slowly bankrupting me, LOL!!! It is so worth it though!!! :eek: :D :rolleyes: :p :cool:
;Woot;Woot;Woot hey all... PSA ..Bill's getting his tank full as we speak...;)gonna be a good one to watch..:cool:
Same here lol Big ups to reef2reef for helping keep my sanity or insanity at manageable levels while I'm at work:)
i hear ya' brother...:cool:

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all... :) you just feed them ..wait till later...bigger than ever.;) how is hammer?

;Woot;Woot;Woot hey all... PSA ..Bill's getting his tank full as we speak...;)gonna be a good one to watch..:cool:

LOL, more like getting irritated my the aquascape not going back as planned, UGH!!!:mad::p:mad:

It never does. :( ;Hilarious

Question, does reefing make some people Alcoholics? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL, more like getting irritated my the aquascape not going back as planned, UGH!!!:mad::p:mad:

It never does. :( ;Hilarious

Question, does reefing make some people Alcoholics? :rolleyes:
umm yes that rock 2" to the left... :p ;)..

went sober feb 1992, started reefing summer 1992 ..;Happy

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
umm yes that rock 2" to the left... :p ;)..

went sober feb 1992, started reefing summer 1992 ..;Happy
Actually, though it will not comment on the alcohol, :rolleyes: for myself, having issues with the scape may be a blessing. It is forcing me to change it a little and give me the chance to level a few pieces. The problem with using shelf rock is that it shows any uneven rocks.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hammer is in the trash looked really bad this morning

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys my carbon bag opened during a water change. I didn’t know. And when I turned my pump back on it spread through my tank.
I would remove the carbon bag and do a water change and try to siphon out as much of the carbon as possible.

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already blew off the corals. The majority of it was in my sump. Me trying to remove it only led to me being angry. So the carbon stays. I can’t deal with this today maybe I’ll try and clean up the carbon in the tank tomorrow but removing it from the sump is impossible

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already blew off the corals. The majority of it was in my sump. Me trying to remove it only led to me being angry. So the carbon stays. I can’t deal with this today maybe I’ll try and clean up the carbon in the tank tomorrow but removing it from the sump is impossible
I understand the frustration, I DO, but I would at least clean out the sump as best as I could. I dumped a ton of fish food pellet's in my tank when I pulled the cartridge out from my Apex AFS, after working a 12 hour day. I ended up doing a massive water change to siphon out as much food as possible and ended up not having any issue.

Last edited:

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the frustration, I DO, but I would at least clean out the sump as best as I could. I dumped a ton of fish food pellet's in my tank when I pulled the cartridge out from my Apex AFS, after working a 12 hour day. I ended up doing a massive water change to siphon out as much food as possible and ended up not having any issue.
ill take a net to the sump. I may give it a few days before I try clean up the tank. that means removing all the corals off the sand. I think I would throw a filter sock in the sump. syphon carbon out from dt to filter sock in sump. but its sooo much work right now and I already want to blow up my tank
tempImage1IW2mL.png
tempImage009YqL.png

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Experiencing serious back siphon if I turn the return off. Didn't have this issue in the old tank. Not sure what to do...
which tank?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back