my new baby... AKA The Café

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s kinda funny, my kiddo was first drawn into being interested in our incredible hobby when I took her and m’lady to the main LFS I frequent. They have a 450g display leading to the saltwater section on an open stand. She was entranced by the bio-pellet reactor they’re running and the sump and Ca reactor. Now she wants coral. There’s a favia WWC has that she calls the “eye of ender” coral (she’s into Minecraft). Hilarious because I’ve had my eye on it as well.

I suspect the kiddo getting into the hobby will open the door for me to have more freedom with an extra tank or...three. Which is a happy coincidence
I had a long hard think about that as a father of three who also maintains my wife's glow tank on our bedside table.

On one end of the spectrum it'd be awesome to have them interested enough to have their own tanks. On the other hand at the end of the day ultimately maintenance would fall to me as it has on all of our fw tanks going back two decades.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a long hard think about that as a father of three who also maintains my wife's glow tank on our bedside table.

On one end of the spectrum it'd be awesome to have them interested enough to have their own tanks. On the other hand at the end of the day ultimately maintenance would fall to me as it has on all of our fw tanks going back two decades.

You didn’t hear it from me but part of why I’m fine with being the maintenance behind the curtain for kiddos first try at reefing is because either she’ll end up loving it and have a lifelong hobby or I’ll just take over the tank anyway

Which I would only do if she didn’t do any maintenance for several months

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really loving the hybrid t5 supplemented with LED.
I’m thinking that may be the way to go. I do t really wanna add another light to the left side of the tank. I am actually happy with the difference in par from one side to the other gives me more options.

how do I add t5s to my tank?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m thinking that may be the way to go. I do t really wanna add another light to the left side of the tank. I am actually happy with the difference in par from one side to the other gives me more options.

how do I add t5s to my tank?
Aquatic life t5 hybrid

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he called out a couple staff members that lived near him earlier on the thread lol

double post but...why? What would that accomplish.

Edit: nevermind. Didn’t expect it to be so early in the thread. I forgot that mod in particular was in my neck of the woods. Good people he is.

also reading the ops posts reminds me of talking to my 7 yo step daughter. 10,000 different directions and not a single step towards any of them

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
just caught the thread about the thread ,glanced in a few times ,just wrong to "attack" THE MIRACLE ... period !
texting Katrina rt now ,happy mothers day from the reef.
she will know who...all included.. :)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back