my new baby... AKA The Café

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just look at that skinny little guy! He needs some groceries! ;Hilarious

Jeez, must look bad to make @Erin O comment! ;)

DSC_0011 (1024x683).jpg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wont be long and we gonna go BOOM again!
Someone has to pay for all this free money they are giving away right now.
Only thing stopping our investors from investing right now is low rates and taxes. Soon as interest rates and taxes go back up the money goes back in CD's and they sit on it for the same low return.
Can't say I disagree. If I could sit on money and make the same money I'd buy an island and start my own reef haha.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone has to pay for all this free money they are giving away right now.
Only thing stopping our investors from investing right now is low rates and taxes. Soon as interest rates and taxes go back up the money goes back in CD's and they sit on it for the same low return.
Can't say I disagree. If I could sit on money and make the same money I'd buy an island and start my own reef haha.
I have about 1000 2x4s and 250 or so sheets of 3/4” plywood in the barn. I may need to sell now and buy an island. Is t that like 15 million worth of wood now?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 1000 2x4s and 250 or so sheets of 3/4” plywood in the barn. I may need to sell now and buy an island. Is t that like 15 million worth of wood now?
That's like 2 islands worth.

Instead of having a tank barn, you could have a tank Island!!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your sitting on gold lol. I guess the major wood barons stopped producing expecting a serious down turn because of pandemic. That and concrete.
Oh yeah asphalt prices went up 30% asphalt prices follow barrel of oil trends either way.

Id name it shroom Island hahaha

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your sitting on gold lol. I guess the major wood barons stopped producing expecting a serious down turn because of pandemic. That and concrete.
Oh yeah asphalt prices went up 30% asphalt prices follow barrel of oil trends either way.

DEA would be all over that name.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't think it's nearly as much production slowage as a conglomeration of other smaller factors.
March of this year, marked a 13 year high water mark on production. Builders are now ramping back up orders they did not make during the pandemic. There was an 8 month lul in demand which is compounding as productions didn't really stop.loggers were still logging. The "logjams" from what I understand are coming from the milling, kiln drying, and trucking dude of supply.

i'm completely leaving international political issues out of this, but this US Canada ticking war isn't helping prices either.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it's nearly as much production slowage as a conglomeration of other smaller factors.
March of this year, marked a 13 year high water mark on production. Builders are now ramping back up orders they did not make during the pandemic. There was an 8 month lul in demand which is compounding as productions didn't really stop.loggers were still logging. The "logjams" from what I understand are coming from the milling, kiln drying, and trucking dude of supply.

i'm completely leaving international political issues out of this, but this US Canada ticking war isn't helping prices either.
I'm sure its much of that as well.
What we are hearing is they literally stopped producing lumber on large scale in anticipation of pandemic slow down.
We pay the invoices. There is no wood to get.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure its much of that as well.
What we are hearing is they literally stopped producing lumber on large scale in anticipation of pandemic slow down.
We pay the invoices. There is no wood to get.

So did that guy in Italy.
Rave Island haha
I would have totally been into fire festival!

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who all is running acrylic tank here?
Is it that much different than glass?
What are you cleaning it with?
Why shouldn't I go acrylic?
Man I want to pull trigger so bad. Can get exactly what I want but the horror stories of scratching it up are killing me!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who all is running acrylic tank here?
Is it that much different than glass?
What are you cleaning it with?
Why shouldn't I go acrylic?
Man I want to pull trigger so bad. Can get exactly what I want but the horror stories of scratching it up are killing me!
Acrylic 7x2.5x1.5 frag tank here. Clean it with a tunze scraper made for acrylic. Weighs nothing compared to my glass 7’ frag tank. Thought I would hate the euro bracing, but love it lol. Make a place to set things when fragging. When I get time, I am going to make a closed loop on it. Going to be a lot easier than my glass tank doing that.

That was the upsides. Downsides are that sand sucks if you catch a piece, urchins can seriously gouge it when eating, need to polish here and there to keep it crystal clear.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back