my new baby... AKA The Café

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done zoas daily, sps daily, and cups daily. Just use old tank water and float in sump in a Tupperware container with the lid on it. It maintains temp and the only variable is the lugols in the water.

Any idea what dip might sort these out?! ;)

DSC_0010 (1024x693).jpg

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done zoas daily, sps daily, and cups daily. Just use old tank water and float in sump in a Tupperware container with the lid on it. It maintains temp and the only variable is the lugols in the water.
Would you recommend daily? Would you recommend longer dips?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you recommend daily? Would you recommend longer dips?
I typically do a single dip at about what you did and then watch for a day or 2. If I see no more recession,I leave be. If I see more, I dip again and then usually do every day for a few days and then observe again for a day or 2. For things that look off and just are not opening all the way, I typically dip and then move to a spot where I think the coral will be happy with flow and light. That depends on the coral, as to where it gets put. I then watch and see how it reacts over the next day or 2 and go from there.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I typically do a single dip at about what you did and then watch for a day or 2. If I see no more recession,I leave be. If I see more, I dip again and then usually do every day for a few days and then observe again for a day or 2. For things that look off and just are not opening all the way, I typically dip and then move to a spot where I think the coral will be happy with flow and light. That depends on the coral, as to where it gets put. I then watch and see how it reacts over the next day or 2 and go from there.

This, observation of corals is vital, if you have a stressed or damaged coral turn the stressed / damaged bit out of the direct flow.

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should probably go home and take a picture so I can have something to refer back to.

I did notice a bit more extension this morning.

This, observation of corals is vital, if you have a stressed or damaged coral turn the stressed / damaged bit out of the direct flow.
this is exactly what I did. Any flow the cup receives to its front side is indirect flow.
As I said I’ll take pictures when I get off from work and share

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back