my new baby... AKA The Café

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what I'm going to run into at first I'm sure. What brightwell stuff are you using?
I use reef code a and b on my 180. I dose alk and calcium, but it makes it easy using them. Equal amounts and calcium is ionically balanced based on alk.

For just alk, my old softie tank was dosed only sea chem reef fusion 2

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what I'm going to run into at first I'm sure. What brightwell stuff are you using?
Using up the last of reef code a & b. I forget which is which. Planning on switching to a powder though. Probably switch to soda ash & calcium chloride. A lot of the moonshiner people use the brightwell 8.3 though.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use reef code a and b on my 180. I dose alk and calcium, but it makes it easy using them. Equal amounts and calcium is ionically balanced based on alk.

How did it affect your ph if any? Since skimmer upgrade im swinging into 8.34 territory

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Forgot to add. Once you get alk stable, coraline will take off. So you may need calcium in the future.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did it affect your ph if any? Since skimmer upgrade im swinging into 8.34 territory
It doesn’t. Mine sits at a rock solid 8.3-8.4 night and day, respectively. I do dose once an hour over a 24 hour period though.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to add. Once you get alk stable, coraline will take off. So you may need calcium in the future.
10 4 I am assuming and expecting that a little. Gives me good enough reason to try a torch as well;)
Whats wierd is coraline has been growing in tables. Need to check tonight and see where I'm at

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10 4 I am assuming and expecting that a little. Gives me good enough reason to try a torch as well;)
Whats wierd is coraline has been growing in tables. Need to check tonight and see where I'm at
Let us know when you do.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok my dudes/dudettes.
I may possibly have to start dosing alk depending on how test goes tonight.
What are you dosing specifically for alk consumption?
I have the TM stuff but sure I'm not going to have to worry about calcium for now as its always tested good or on high side.
Ph is locked in as well.
I'm dosing 9.5 grams of reef builder every other day to SLOWLY get my alk up to my target of 9.3 which is where my IO RC is mixing to. Will be moving to management when I hit that level.

Last edited:

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We go through 48ml of alk daily and our calcium doesn't budge much with weekly 20% wc.

We only dose alk at the moment and on accasion if cal drops before a water change We do 5ml.

@Eagle_Steve is dead on with consumption goes up when Coraline takes off. We scrape the back wall weekly to keep that down....it's all over the floor and rocks tho lol

Last edited:

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 88 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back