0   0   0
:)

DSC_0033 (1024x673).jpg

Ricksreeefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my understanding of lighting sales is to clear out stuff they have been sitting on for awhile. And yes there is a markup, just like any other store, of any variety. But even friends or friends with connections are making a profit off of you. This is why the best time to buy is when they lower prices so your paying closer to what they paid.
But when buying from some vendors you get a guarantee that most individuals won’t offer. So you pay for that too. If you notice I talk mostly about POTO, their prices are reasonable. WWC is outrageous and even their sale prices are sometimes to high.
some things you may never be able to buy unless from a vendor. Like my scoly those you can’t propagate.

Be a smart shopper, shop the sales. Wait for the price drop. So your paying as close to wholesale price as possible or as close to friend price as possible.

I saw a gold torch yesterday at a LFS . I think they want like $250. But it wasn’t named 24k gold Aussie torch. It was a gold torch. I heard the guy say they can’t get in those named kind because no one would buy it for the price they would have to sell it for.

I always try to get the best deal I can. Lol. I’ll email poto and ask for package deals which gets me a better price.

I like the sales not only for price drops on corals but shipping price drop as well. And I know the vendor eats the shipping cost.
On my local group, I just bought a 5" Sunkist bounce for $70 and it looks amazing. I always try for sales though like my indo gold torch. He was dying in the store and they had repriced him at $100 so I picked him up and he has done really well with tons of new growth.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little word of advice, get the latest shipping date possible so you can buy stuff in the aftersale lol
I actually stayed up until 12:00 and got the mottled hammer in the after sale.

They were gone FAST. I’m so glad I stayed up that late to get It.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of the hammer:
4BF2367F-73B5-44E8-93B5-D905D1CEC538.jpeg

I THINK it’s 2 heads... Joe said it usually is. If I’m not satisfied with it (because it’s a stock frag) I can get a refund.

—-

Pretty interesting hammer... almost looks like a torch?

4BF2367F-73B5-44E8-93B5-D905D1CEC538.jpeg

see that there’s a hammer I can get behind

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
see that there’s a hammer I can get behind
Tidal gardens posted a gorgeous frogspawn on fb yesterday. Completely changed my opinion of them.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tidal gardens posted a gorgeous frogspawn on fb yesterday. Completely changed my opinion of them.
JKR had like 5 frogs in yesterday’s sale?

This one lady got like 3 of them, lol.

They had a pink/white tipped, a green/blue tipped, a gold/pink tipped, and a couple of others.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do your clowns have those black spots?
Actually, it's common for them to develop from trying to host in corals they don't normally live in. My clowns have an affinity for zoas and a very mean mushroom.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back