ADCA39FC-7C2D-410A-9CFF-E7E4AD5E8BED.jpeg

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ban yourself from poto and you may stand a chance
The key is not letting William send me pictures of stuff because that’s how I end up buying things I shouldn’t. That’s how I got the pink wall hammer! He was at a wholesaler saw it sent me a picture and I was like yes please send me the invoice now!

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@James_O

while it is a good idea, it’s also just one more thing to collect algae growth and help detritus get stuck places.

mad @Lost in the Sauce said you really don’t have enough corals to need one. The stuff you got will be happy in the sand bed without causing more places for detritus to build up and more places for algae to grow
I have a nice frag rack, haven't used it in a year... Everything has been put into the sand or glued directly into place lately
@James_O you will be creating dead spots of flow underneath you rack
So with the six newcomers, that'll put you at what eight corals, nine?

Look at the sand bed.

20+ in about 12"x5".

It is your tank, you can do whatever you want. You can put a McDonald's cup in there if you want. My point was to remind you that yes, a lot of people have racks, but they are not a necessity to have a reef tank. You have what you need already. Corals look better on sand than racks imo.

Ok, I won’t make it.

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is going through so many changes , it’s tough I started my tank in January and I wanted to put a lot of stuff in it but I ended loosing 3-4 corals I have one coral that’s basically indestructible I thought it died the small pic was from March and the other pic is today , this has survived a bacterial bloom, a Dino outbreak and is currently thriving in a cyano right now .-. But my mushroom and Xenia hopefully they can bounce back lol

Attachments

• B7486BB6-DA38-4305-BBCB-FD2267105BC3.jpeg
    B7486BB6-DA38-4305-BBCB-FD2267105BC3.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 17
  • D1D6BE32-AE38-4448-888F-C80BF2276668.jpeg
    D1D6BE32-AE38-4448-888F-C80BF2276668.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 11

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha.

I do need to keep the hammer away from the other corals however, because they sting. :/
Good rule of thumb for euphylia, give them a distance roughly twice their fully open size, from unlike coral. If your hammer opens 2" across, set it 4" from the homies and should be good.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is going through so many changes , it’s tough I started my tank in January and I wanted to put a lot of stuff in it but I ended loosing 3-4 corals I have one coral that’s basically indestructible I thought it died the small pic was from March and the other pic is today , this has survived a bacterial bloom, a Dino outbreak and is currently thriving in a cyano right now .-. But my mushroom and Xenia hopefully they can bounce back lol
Sorry to hear that. :(

How’s the hammer doin’?

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kenya tree? I heard those things can survive nuclear attacks lol

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good rule of thumb for euphylia, give them a distance roughly twice their fully open size, from unlike coral. If your hammer opens 2" across, set it 4" from the homies and should be good.
Will do.

From the looks of it (from the stock pic) it’ll be pretty decent sized?

Like I said, it will also probably be a 2x head.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The key is not letting William send me pictures of stuff because that’s how I end up buying things I shouldn’t. That’s how I got the pink wall hammer! He was at a wholesaler saw it sent me a picture and I was like yes please send me the invoice now!
"William" never sent me pics.
like I said.... gender bias. ;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back