my new baby... AKA The Café

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which nem?! The one that wanted to experience your power head or the one the settled by the macro as we were testing?
The one that settled. Decided it wasn't happy over night.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed if you this is the primary viewing angle, if you move your heater here, it will all but disappear from sight. Nice way to hide the the gear and fucus on the aquascape. Would this work on the back side?
CC9CB50C-C618-4679-9027-158934EE9B2E~2.jpeg

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Interesting...

Some people have told me to leave my rocks, so they turn into live rock faster? Or...? ;Wideyed
nobody dissed you,just giving helpful advice,phosphate is bound in hair algae and consuming it,throwing readings off.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I had happy news that I finally know what all of my parameters are, and you sort of dissed it. :/
Ok bro you need to grow up a bit and quick. Nobody dissed you and if you think so, that's on you.

Most of us don't measure alkalinity in PPM. I was throwing that up to let everybody know that it's 11 so that they didn't have to go Google what 200Ppm LPM EQ is.

Out.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it weird that I’m actually looking forward to testing my tank and recording data, watching for trends?

@F i s h y walked me through the kits he gave me (they were extras) and I actually kinda liked helping him test his three tanks.

felt like a scientist
Season 1 Scientist GIF by National Geographic Channel
yes.... yes it is.
Mel Brooks Jewish GIF by foxhorror

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think so. Foot appears intact. But it def has a hole in it. Time will tell
Luck my man. Something must be in the water. My recent split was trying to headbutt the gyre which is nem protected but I didn't want to test it today... Pinball with the magfloat won out for now. It's hooked back directly under the roc it came from.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
once a month pics ,mandatory Bill... ;) :cool: ;Woot;Woot
beautiful fish..;Joyful
LOL, you got it. In about a month I should be getting in my order of tangs, which includes a Gem tang.

I have to admit, and having lost one during shipping, :(, adding an Achilles tang to my tank is a major stepping stone as it is my most favorite tang.

Having to drive down to Orlando again, a week after Reefapolooza, was WELL worth it to get this fish.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL, you got it. In about a month I should be getting in my order of tangs, which includes a Gem tang.

I have to admit, and having lost one during shipping, :(, adding an Achilles tang to my tank is a major stepping stone as it is my most favorite tang.

Having to drive down to Orlando again, a week after Reefapolooza, was WELL worth it to get this fish.
Like the new avitar... ;Woot ;Woot:cool:

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the new avitar... ;Woot ;Woot:cool:
Like I said, it is my favorite fish. It was always going to be my avatar at some point, it just had to be mine in my tank. ;)

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to put this out there. If for no other reason, just because they ordered it for me and I feel I need to point it out. I drove down to Orlando a week after attending Reefapolooza to pick my beautiful Achilles tang from @TopShelfAquatics. They ordered it for me, after I went to the store and seen that they had one that was ready for sale. I QT everything, and when I asked what they keep their levels at, it made it so easy for me. When I QT, I keep my fish at 2.5 ppm in CP, and they also keep it at that level, so I only had to keep it in 2.5 ppm CP for another 11 days before transferring into a sterile tank to start the GC process. I just wanted to give a shoutout to TSA for being an awesome store. ;)

I will also be putting this exact same post in my build thread, LOL!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok bro you need to grow up a bit and quick. Nobody dissed you and if you think so, that's on you.

Most of us don't measure alkalinity in PPM. I was throwing that up to let everybody know that it's 11 so that they didn't have to go Google what 200Ppm LPM EQ is.

Out.
@James_O ,read or quote entire message, i see same as i said ..nobody dissed you..just trying to help.. ;)

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking very much forward to a shipment of tangs also. Who may I ask did you order through?

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@James_O

hey my guy. Like lost and Frank have said. No one is dissing you. Lost was converting what you posted into what we typically use to measure Alk.

you’re good my guy. Not to toot my own horn but look at my most recent post on my build.

you’re letting little things that are unexpected stress you out. You’re doing remarkably well for how young your tank is. What you’re experiencing is basically growing pains. They happen. Ride them out, things will be fine. No need to stress my dude

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@James_O One thing to realize here is dudes with Mohawks always love hard.
I'm beginning to think reef addiction may possibly have a hawk too haha
Second thing I wouldnt take anything said here to heart. Ever.
That being said my mantra is tomorrows always another day. Cant tell you how many people I want to smash all day long. Then see them next morning and we are buying eachother breakfast burritos.
Speaking of tomorrow I put rock and fed tank 1 bunch of hermits, snails and such. If I don't see any movement with seneye I'm transferring shrooms to new lagoon:D

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back