my new baby... AKA The Café

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are young. You deal with a family that doesn’t trust you to do what others your age do in a safe manner (again, I know what that’s like it’s not a slam but I know what it can make a mind do). This is your first foray into SW which is an incredibly costly hobby and you just got your first corals.

anyone would worry. Heck, I can’t say for sure I won’t be bothering the bejebus out of Jason and Frank when I finally have my tank set up and have corals. I like to think I won’t because I’ve already decided what my mindset is and my MO will be but yeah.

no shame in worrying. Just like I said before, don’t let the worry overshadow your enjoyment. And look at that, everyone was right. Your torch looks great my guy.

“nothing good in this hobby happens quickly” that’s my montra. Maybe you should make it yours my guy ;)
African American Reaction GIF
You Are Wrong Win GIF

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
really... :rolleyes: i was just gonna take a nap...;Facepalm
nope...:oops: guess not far enough behind ALREADY....:p
Back in a bit... ;) :)

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The question is. Do I continue cleaning and stay up too late doing so to surprise m’lady or stop at a reasonable time.

I’m thinking the former as I’m kinda riding the productive wave (taking a break with some PlayStation while my phone and earbuds charge then it’s back at it)

but I’ll probably regret not sleeping when I go pick up m’lady tomorrow at 12:30am

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The question is. Do I continue cleaning and stay up too late doing so to surprise m’lady or stop at a reasonable time.

I’m thinking the former as I’m kinda riding the productive wave (taking a break with some PlayStation while my phone and earbuds charge then it’s back at it)

but I’ll probably regret not sleeping when I go pick up m’lady tomorrow at 12:30am

by which I mean 12:30 tomorrow night

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh boy... maybe no more corals for a while?

If I want to get the phone I want, I would have to pay approximately $550. (Parents are paying $450 of it)

It would be worth it though, I’ve been wanting a phone FOREVER.
Get a phone lol then you fantasize about reefing on the go

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No rest for the wicked. Always nice to do something for mama.
I brought home some pulsing zenia for her the other day:D

what’s funny is I know she’ll end up either telling me what to buy or buying stuff herself once my tank is set up.

but until then

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh boy... maybe no more corals for a while?

If I want to get the phone I want, I would have to pay approximately $550. (Parents are paying $450 of it)

It would be worth it though, I’ve been wanting a phone FOREVER.

you will need a phone for things like communication, work (eventually), etc.

I say get things squared away for tank food, water, and such and go for the phone. You’ve got coral. Let it grow and fill out. Then you’ll have a better idea of how much space you have for future corals.

also, r2r on the go is pretty nice

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you will need a phone for things like communication, work (eventually), etc.

I say get things squared away for tank food, water, and such and go for the phone. You’ve got coral. Let it grow and fill out. Then you’ll have a better idea of how much space you have for future corals.

also, r2r on the go is pretty nice
I’m pretty well squared away now. All equipment is good. I also have a whole sheet of mysis, and my NLS food barely has a dent in it.

Hehe yes, R2R on the go... :p

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back