my new baby... AKA The Café

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My perception vs someone else’s perception creates two different realities

yup. And both are legitimate. Why? You can’t prove that my reality does or doesn’t exist any more than I can for yours. So we must assume both are legitimate.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we have no means of determining this without deciding what “blue” is. At least objectively. This, however breaks down unless we admit that reality is subjective to the beholder. And that objectivity, true objectivity, is just about impossible to achieve
Because the mere act of observation changes the results?

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, if I ever get something fancy and what not for when I eventually go all sps crazy. I kinda want the alkatronic…
It’s a toss up between the two for me. By the time I’m ready you never know what else they may have

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup. And both are legitimate. Why? You can’t prove that my reality does or doesn’t exist any more than I can for yours. So we must assume both are legitimate.
I reject your reality and replace it with my own!

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because the mere act of observation changes the results?
logical star trek GIF

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why eye witness recounts of events can vary greatly that and most humans have bad memory recal

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why eye witness recounts of events can vary greatly that and most humans have bad memory recal

its definitely a part of it. Maybe not the main factor but one of them. Physiology, brain chemistry, etc would be the primary factors.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about getting the GHL kh director but decided I don’t need it unless I get into some sps I am getting a dosing unit so once I determine what I need to dose for dKH I can set it up on auto dose and then just test weekly to make sure I’m holding steady
My tank upgrade will end up being SPS dominant, so I need precision, thus the KH and IOND.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s interesting about the guy who commented on my ICP test results is that I made that post May 15. So it’s been a month and that thread has been quiet

yeah idk. Maybe the dude had a bad day. Oh well. Your tank looks great. And since testing is garbage I will now automatically assume you are using witchcraft

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its definitely a part of it. Maybe not the main factor but one of them. Physiology, brain chemistry, etc would be the primary factors.
Seems to psychology always boils down to those who like cheese, and those who don't. One is obviously wrong.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope to grow up and be like you!
What...BROKE...for a hobby!!! LOL!!! ;Hilarious ;Hilarious ;Hilarious

I made the switch from a full Apex system to, eventually, a full GHL system to tell other reefers the truth of which one is better and which way to go. Am I rich and can simply do the switch costing ME roughly $4000, no, BUT, am I in the position to do it, with a small cost to myself, meaning I will suffer a little, yes. I just hate seeing reefers spend a ton of money on a system and not like it, I just want to tell the truth on which way to go so you don't have to do it a second time. ;)

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to psychology always boils down to those who like cheese, and those who don't. One is obviously wrong.

yeah I believe one of the objective truths that exist in and of itself Plato got at was “cheese is good, m’kay”

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back