my new baby... AKA The Café

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hiho folks. Chilly 14 degree morning here in southern Ontario .

I'm 3 days behind in tank maintenance ...gotta get at it!
Strangely enough the tank looks fanfreakin'tastic this morning! LOL

Brr. Even at 57, brr. Floridian thru & thru.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I was thinking about buying the new hanna high nitrate tester, so it can collect dust with the other test kits, but I saw it ONLY tests to 75ppm. that's not nearly high enough. :cool:
I’m sure there is a dilution method that would get you close. Lol

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need everyone’s opinion

Frag tank with its own sump? Or no?
Reasons for both?
If they're right next to each other and not being used as a qt, I would plumb them together personally. Added water volume to the 75, don't have to duplicate everything. Not sure how much flow back room you have in the sump.

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they're right next to each other and not being used as a qt, I would plumb them together personally. Added water volume to the 75, don't have to duplicate everything. Not sure how much flow back room you have in the sump.
I’m still leaning this way. With a check valve on the return pump for the frag tank.

Just wanted to get other’s input.

I do like the idea of instant cycle and not having to test two tanks

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sexy shrimp update: I know you're all on the edge of your seats waiting for this ;)

A couple of nights ago after lights out and the fish were sleeping I decided I would get them out of the filter sock and back into the tank.
Next morning they're back in the sock ;Facepalm
It appears to be their choice so for now I guess that's where they live. Good grief. LOL

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still leaning this way. With a check valve on the return pump for the frag tank.

Just wanted to get other’s input.

I do like the idea of instant cycle and not having to test two tanks
If I could run my pico that way I absolutely would. But... they're on opposite sides of the house

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sexy shrimp update: I know you're all on the edge of your seats waiting for this ;)

A couple of nights ago after lights out and the fish were sleeping I decided I would get them out of the filter sock and back into the tank.
Next morning they're back in the sock ;Facepalm
It appears to be their choice so for now I guess that's where they live. Good grief. LOL
That's wild man. I can't imagine why a scrymp would want to be in the filter sock !

Anything that makes it into my socks I'd think are good as dead. I get bristle worms in there all the time that are pounded into the fleece by the water.

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's wild man. I can't imagine why a scrymp would want to be in the filter sock !

Anything that makes it into my socks I'd think are good as dead. I get bristle worms in there all the time that are pounded into the fleece by the water.

I agree it's pretty bizarre. I've observed them in there and they just climb up and down the inside of the sock. The flow is fairly strong but not enough to dislodge them apparently. I dunno.
I'll try and get a pic somehow but it's kinda dark so we'll see.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree it's pretty bizarre. I've observed them in there and they just climb up and down the inside of the sock. The flow is fairly strong but not enough to dislodge them apparently. I dunno.
I'll try and get a pic somehow but it's kinda dark so we'll see.

so you know own some sumpy shrimp haha

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! they still dead sexy ! :p :D
Nothing wrong with some Tripple S. Sumpy sexy scrimp. Im going to have to figure out a way to either vacuum sump with 8" work slot to work with. Or maybe get a few socks, disassemble and make a cpl huge socks to catch detritus. Went from being able to climb in to sumps to needing to find magical elf small enough to do work. I can see detritus being an issue considering not much makes it to bottom of tank and is kept suspended until its removed.
Always something

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with some Tripple S. Sumpy sexy scrimp. Im going to have to figure out a way to either vacuum sump with 8" work slot to work with. Or maybe get a few socks, disassemble and make a cpl huge socks to catch detritus. Went from being able to climb in to sumps to needing to find magical elf small enough to do work. I can see detritus being an issue considering not much makes it to bottom of tank and is kept suspended until its removed.
Always something
If you find magical elves you should rent them out

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO3.jpg
Hawaiian punch?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back