my new baby... AKA The Café

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got off a chat with them. The kits with powder reagents need the stupid spoon. I was advised to check the manuals and seem if there’s a part code and get back to them. So that’s what I’ll do

good to know about the pipettes and syringes though
The pipettes are the normal ones. Not the graduated one. Those are 20 bucks to replace. Stepped on mine and had to order one from brs.

That is another route to ask. BRS uses Hanna and sells Hanna.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pipettes are the normal ones. Not the graduated one. Those are 20 bucks to replace. Stepped on mine and had to order one from brs.

That is another route to ask. BRS uses Hanna and sells Hanna.

another good point.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just realized I might be confusing salufert with Hannah

Go ahead and ignore me lol
ROFL. You made me think I was losing my mind or you had a new kit or something. I have all but nitrate for a reef. Was gonna get it, but if it came with a spoon and not premeasured, was gonna change my mind lol.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ROFL. You made me think I was losing my mind or you had a new kit or something. I have all but nitrate for a reef. Was gonna get it, but if it came with a spoon and not premeasured, was gonna change my mind lol.

sorry. Monumental brain fart

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry. Monumental brain fart
Salifert spoons are .05 ml. That’s what I use for my macro grow out. All I need is color of some sort for no3 and po4, so a lot cheaper than Hanna.

Ignore the cheato, you can see the spoon and the listing. Same spoon for no3 and po4.

image.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy oh boy I made the mistake of getting involved with a thread i probably shouldn’t have.

whoops
I left that one alone. No one wants the opinion of a Jarhead Redneck Jewish Farmer from Southern Tennessee.

It be all kinds of dat ther meshugena over yonder, so don’t make me break it down Barney style…..

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really should have. Just touched a nerve.

I need to work on self control
I learned if it touches a nerve, leave it alone. Saves me all the time from getting kicked. Although, I have been known to pop in and hug everyone in the middle of them arguing.

That has got me warned also. So I don’t even do it anymore.

I am surprised the thread is not closed yet.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned if it touches a nerve, leave it alone. Saves me all the time from getting kicked. Although, I have been known to pop in and hug everyone in the middle of them arguing.

That has got me warned also. So I don’t even do it anymore.

I am surprised the thread is not closed yet.

i usually do. And yeah same

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that’s what I was thinking but looking at saltwateraquarium.com I’m not seeing anything but the reagents. If I knew how much the spoon actually scooped I’d see about finding a good analogue or something. Idk. I’ll figure it out. I like challenges like this
If you end up needing one I have a few I can mail you one

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok ill bite...which thread? and does it involve Brandon?

Nah, doesn’t involve Brandon. I try to avoid his stuff. He has good ideas and shares good info but I don’t agree with his approach.

it’s a different thread. My point In the above post wasn’t trying to draw people in. More, wow. Why’d I do that

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah, doesn’t involve Brandon. I try to avoid his stuff. He has good ideas and shares good info but I don’t agree with his approach.

it’s a different thread. My point In the above post wasn’t trying to draw people in. More, wow. Why’d I do that

ah no problem, I figured out what thread you were talking about and read 1 page and got the hell outta there. No place for me that's for sure.

I've got Brandon on ignore, I got my degree in arts and literature and I'm a better scientist than that 'individual.'

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ah no problem, I figured out what thread you were talking about and read 1 page and got the hell outta there. No place for me that's for sure.

I've got Brandon on ignore, I got my degree in arts and literature and I'm a better scientist than that 'individual.'

I have a philosophy degree. I also have him on ignore. For similar reasons

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Eagle_Steve
If I tie a her to a rock will she stop moving?

Of course I’m kidding

But on a serious note. Will she kill the zoas she has decided to climb on top of?
578BFECC-28A3-41EE-9986-BF978C996071.jpeg
Usually not. All me poor zoas have been walked on by every nem I have. The only time I he n issue is if it stays there. The those will slowly die.

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I found the thread read a few post and walked away.

I have 4 furry babies 1 actually child and few fish kids.

That should let you know how I feel

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 50.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 62 54.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.0%
Back