my new baby... AKA The Café

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with this tubing I got at lfs. Male end slides into bulk head, glued and done. Its 1" overflows but the corrugated tubing opens up to probably almost 1.5". Also went with 1.5" up top.
Its going to be wierd when I tear down the other table. Its all u can hear in the room at this point
20210611_182442.jpg
Need to find me some of that

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tbh i was totally on the fence with it but my guy at lfs was raving all about it. Glad I tried it its kinda working out really good with the 1.5" I went to up top.

the LFS I mentioned talked about it like only peasants use soft plumbing back when I was first getting in.

I do believe I will go with this stuff. Don’t know how it’d work with the 4 return idea. But then again, if I have the massive tote as a sump I’m not as concerned about back flow

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with this tubing I got at lfs. Male end slides into bulk head, glued and done. Its 1" overflows but the corrugated tubing opens up to probably almost 1.5". Also went with 1.5" up top.
Its going to be wierd when I tear down the other table. Its all u can hear in the room at this point
20210611_182442.jpg
What’s the stuff called

twiatr2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks guys, I don't see a Problem with using it as a drain, but I would do more research on it if your gonna use it as a return with pressure, I had this stuff on my pool which runs anywhere between 5-15ppm of chlorine and over a few years the corrugated parts would become brittle and split causing my pool to drain, LOL. Being that saltwater is pretty corrosive, personally I would hard plumb it myself, but I'm sure there's guys that run this stuff all the time simply because of the ease of being flexible.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, I don't see a Problem with using it as a drain, but I would do more research on it if your gonna use it as a return with pressure, I had this stuff on my pool which runs anywhere between 5-15ppm of chlorine and over a few years the corrugated parts would become brittle and split causing my pool to drain, LOL. Being that saltwater is pretty corrosive, personally I would hard plumb it myself, but I'm sure there's guys that run this stuff all the time simply because of the ease of being flexible.
Pretty sure its pvc? I can def see that happening with the elements. You do have a point with the saltwater though. If it ever came to it I'd switch out to same set up. I do like that it turns and flows smooth.

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so me dosing is going ok. Want some input
Up until two nights ago I was dosing 5ml of ESV b-ionic
The other night my dKH was 8.4 so I dosed 2ml
Next night dKH was 8.6 so I dose 1ml
Tonight dKH was 8.4 so I dosed 1.5ml

Hopefully tomorrow it’s 8.5dkh if it is should I dose 1 or 1.5ml?

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so me dosing is going ok. Want some input
Up until two nights ago I was dosing 5ml of ESV b-ionic
The other night my dKH was 8.4 so I dosed 2ml
Next night dKH was 8.6 so I dose 1ml
Tonight dKH was 8.4 so I dosed 1.5ml

Hopefully tomorrow it’s 8.5dkh if it is should I dose 1 or 1.5ml?
I would say 1.5ml... because math something

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back