77781476-6315-4D5D-BC89-3EE70A75A6BB.jpeg

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there now?
Yes. There is about 70 of us. There are three trials they need jurors for. First two trials they have selected the pool of people. I got randomly selected for the selection/screening process for the first trial.

See previous post for what I’m doing while I wait

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id personally dose and maintain levels your salt mixes to.
BTW what salt mix are you using that mixes to 8.4?

I use IO reef crystals. To be honest I haven't checked what it mixes to out of the box. I'm mixing some up today so I'll check that.
I have 4 lps, 4 sps and the rest are softies. All small frags at this point except for the frogspawn that is mahoosive.
If I do start to dose can I just dose alk? I ask because my calcium and magnesium are high (500 and 1500) and never change.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. There is about 70 of us. There are three trials they need jurors for. First two trials they have selected the pool of people. I got randomly selected for the selection/screening process for the first trial.

I have been summoned for jury duty 9 times and never get selected. I don’t think they like my answers to their questions.

“Who cares, if they are here, they are guilty”

“I think punishment should be based on Old Testament values”

“You know, bullets are cheaper than all these tax dollars being wasted.”

Those comments, even in general conversation with the right person listening may have something to do with it lol.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been summoned for jury duty 9 times and never get selected. I don’t think they like my answers to their questions.

Those comments, even in general conversation with the right person listening may have something to do with it lol.
Easier yet, show up with your tattoos out and bull ring hanging out of your nose.

Prosecution always excuses me without question.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

lol.... court house here doesn't allow phones in the building.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use IO reef crystals. To be honest I haven't checked what it mixes to out of the box. I'm mixing some up today so I'll check that.
I have 4 lps, 4 sps and the rest are softies. All small frags at this point except for the frogspawn that is mahoosive.
If I do start to dose can I just dose alk? I ask because my calcium and magnesium are high (500 and 1500) and never change.
I'm just getting serious about dosing alk myself. Always treated it like a red headed step child and belive that caused alot of issues for me. Its not unheard of softy tanks using 2-3dkh a day depending on how stocked it is.
Honestly I take back my last statement.
I believe RC mixes a bit higher. Sounds like your system has balanced out and doing good. Id only dose what your corals use daily.
Interested to hear what RC alk mixes up for you out of bucket. So many mixed reporting but always on the high side.

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just getting serious about dosing alk myself. Always treated it like a red headed step child and belive that caused alot of issues for me. Its not unheard of softy tanks using 2-3dkh a day depending on how stocked it is.
Honestly I take back my last statement.
I believe RC mixes a bit higher. Sounds like your system has balanced out and doing good. Id only dose what your corals use daily.
Interested to hear what RC alk mixes up for you out of bucket. So many mixed reporting but always on the high side.

Thanks yes, I like the consistency I'm getting on a weekly basis so I've been hesitant to start dosing if I don't really need to.

I'll definitely report back on the fresh salt mix.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easier yet, show up with your tattoos out and bull ring hanging out of your nose.

I've yet to be summoned, this has been my plan.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

easier yet, don't show up.
jury summons comes USPS and we all know how reliable they are. ;)

and that story they tell about them putting a bench warrant out for you if you don't reply.... myth.
I've been pulled over on traffic violations since receiving and not replying and there is no bench warrant.

tell me a jury of your piers can't be pulled from those collecting unemployment or those who's employers pay full wages while they are off doing there "civic duty".:cool:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
easier yet, don't show up.
jury summons comes USPS and we all know how reliable they are. ;)

and that story they tell about them putting a bench warrant out for you if you don't reply.... myth.
I've been pulled over on traffic violations since receiving and not replying and there is no bench warrant.

tell me a jury of your piers can't be pulled from those collecting unemployment or those who's employers pay full wages while they are off doing there "civic duty".:cool:
In Tennessee they will arrest you. It comes certified letter and if unavailable to sign, they send a courier to your work or elsewhere lol.

My work does pay full wages for it, but honestly it is best if don’t have to “judge” someone. I have a very narrow mindset when it comes to crime and punishment. And it typically does not align it’s how the justice system is lol.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @BeltedCoyote 's previous post that Brandon shares good information with historical studies and links behind it and that is probably very beneficial for new members with no idea about cycling, but the presentation of the information could be better...

there’s a lot of ego, attitude, and rigidity in the presentation of said info. Not great

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Tennessee they will arrest you. It comes certified letter and if unavailable to sign, they send a courier to your work or elsewhere lol.

My work does pay full wages for it, but honestly it is best if don’t have to “judge” someone. I have a very narrow mindset when it comes to crime and punishment. And it typically does not align it’s how the justice system is lol.
that's nuts.
I've gotten 3, my brother 4.
neither of us have replied.
my former neighbor was on the force for 35 years. he told me it was all bs scare tactic to get people to show up.
and if I ever do get roped in I'm sure my legit hearing issues should get me excused.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's nuts.
I've gotten 3, my brother 4.
neither of us have replied.
my former neighbor was on the force for 35 years. he told me it was all bs scare tactic to get people to show up.
and if I ever do get roped in I'm sure my legit hearing issues should get me excused.
Huh?

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, off that subject.

How is everyone doing today?

Me, ok. Have 8 more days until I start to make the wife mad with, “hmmm, how am I going to bring back 80 fish, dock rocks and all this macro back from Florida?”
hahaha....
sorry I was typing away while you was killing the subject.:cool:

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back