my new baby... AKA The Café

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man that’s awesome thank you! I might just have to get some! Gotta find a good place first!
Bring your reliable heater and a bubbler. I picked up coral in Vegas. They lived in the cooler in the room for two days perfectly

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because R2R is delaying your feed.

There was a complaint mounted. Apparently you are deficient in your Duck/Fish/Smootch face tutorial.
I've been deficient in my overall attendance in general... ;) been a crazy week... and it hasn't stopped. The world creates chaos, I'm just along for the ride.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been deficient in my overall attendance in general... ;) been a crazy week... and it hasn't stopped. The world creates chaos, I'm just along for the ride.
Don't work too hard bud. I think all the cool kids were playing hookie this week. Haven't seen a lot of the normal folk around as much.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys:
18D1D91C-24B2-45E2-9684-71A626630D87.png

Nof said

I’m saving up for a big hammer.

What’s the difference between a branching and a wall hammer?

I like the look of the branching hammer better. That neon one (yellow/purple) is SO beautiful.
Walls can be more finicky.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't work too hard bud. I think all the cool kids were playing hookie this week. Haven't seen a lot of the normal folk around as much.
hmmmmm.... i was here most of the week.
hey!!!!!!!! what's that mean.

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the only reason?

A wall hammer is one complete piece. Branching hammers produce separate heads. So if 1 head of a branching variety gets 'sick' you can easily hack it off without affecting the other heads, thereby removing the problem entirely. With a wall hammer, if one section gets 'sick' it's much more difficult to remove it leading to the problem spreading to the rest of the colony and losing the whole thing. That's one reason branching hammers are preferred.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A wall hammer is one complete piece. Branching hammers produce separate heads. So if 1 head of a branching variety gets 'sick' you can easily hack it off without affecting the other heads, thereby removing the problem entirely. With a wall hammer, if one section gets 'sick' it's much more difficult to remove it leading to the problem spreading to the rest of the colony and losing the whole thing. That's one reason branching hammers are preferred.
That’s the only reason?
What they said. And you also take a greater risk having walls shipped. They don’t ship well. They also eat up my calcium and alk. 3 of mine are walls. I would have 4 but one didn’t survive shipping.

They can be wonderful they get super fluffy when happy and have a different look compared to branching hammers.

They also take up more space in tank.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha, thank you!

If I get a big hammer, I’ll get a branching. :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back