B507313A-441D-4834-A5FC-358C5AB1A070.jpeg
352BDDA6-8BBF-4919-999F-4B4ADCE55CAE.jpeg

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yessir @LRT, that is on my to do list. I can’t do it today, as I’m leaving for Lexington in like 15 minutes. I will have plenty of time to do it tomorrow though.

How is the best way to do it? It seems when I try to do it with my siphon tube, I end up sucking sand no matter how hard I try not to.

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look just fine to me. My pink (or whatever colour that is) one is barely wider than the frag plug. They just need time I thinks.
This one is a triple head, but I have no idea how long they take to grow. I would assume a long time.

This is a great excuse to get a BIG hammer from @joe Knows Reefs… ;Troll

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yessir @LRT, that is on my to do list. I can’t do it today, as I’m leaving for Lexington in like 15 minutes. I will have plenty of time to do it tomorrow though.

How is the best way to do it? It seems when I try to do it with my siphon tube, I end up sucking sand no matter how hard I try not to.
Manual removals for now.
Id invest in 5 micron sock and go ahead and siphon all that top sand/algae off. Once in sock you can remove and rinse the sand clean and put it back.
Think I paid $7 dollars for a huge one on Amazon. Could change your life man

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one is a triple head, but I have no idea how long they take to grow. I would assume a long time.

This is a great excuse to get a BIG hammer from @joe Knows Reefs… ;Troll
James are you checking and maintaining your alk, cal and mag? If not your a braver man than me as I haven't had the guts to try them until I get those specific parameters locked in.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
James are you checking and maintaining your alk, cal and mag? If not your a braver man than me as I haven't had the guts to try them until I get those specific parameters locked in.
Be brave!
I just recently started (like in the last month or two) maintaining numbers with dosing lol I rarely check, keep meaning to keep forgetting lol

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine have claimed the side glass.... all 24 x 30 of it.
Up untill this morning they hosted right in front of the return. I always thought it was the worst place because of the flow coming out from that side of the tank. Clowns man are weirdos

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be brave!
I just recently started (like in the last month or two) maintaining numbers with dosing lol I rarely check, keep meaning to keep forgetting lol
Yeah I probably could do some torches right now but I'm waiting for @MERKEY to get a saw and start popping some heads off. I'm after some very specific torches. Particularly every single one @MERKEY has in his garden hahaha

Reefing_addiction

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I probably could do some torches right now but I'm waiting for @MERKEY to get a saw and start popping some heads off. I'm after some very specific torches. Particularly every single one @MERKEY has in his garden hahaha
Yes yes YES! Maybe we should go help @MERKEY frag us some torches!!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back