my new baby... AKA The Café

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Najer and LRT how are things going today.....any plans?
I am having coffee now and then will work on plumbing more stuff into the system...If I get it done today then plan on making the wood cabinet doors and frame for the stand. The stand is made of fiberglass square tubing...not metal as it may look in the pictures.
The schedule 80 bulk heads came yesterday but I was only able to get slip on inside and thread on backside so I will have to go to Lowes and get threaded 1 1/2 and use tape and pipe seal cause I don't want to glue them incase I ever have to take them off...
I like schedule 80 for the tank connect cause the gasket is bigger and thicker then schedule 40...

dry fit sumps,refug, Kalk&rodi under 300.jpg
Good luck with the plumbing! I’m sure it will be awesome once it’s done. :)

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Najer and LRT how are things going today.....any plans?
I am having coffee now and then will work on plumbing more stuff into the system...If I get it done today then plan on making the wood cabinet doors and frame for the stand. The stand is made of fiberglass square tubing...not metal as it may look in the pictures.
The schedule 80 bulk heads came yesterday but I was only able to get slip on inside and thread on backside so I will have to go to Lowes and get threaded 1 1/2 and use tape and pipe seal cause I don't want to glue them incase I ever have to take them off...
I like schedule 80 for the tank connect cause the gasket is bigger and thicker then schedule 40...

dry fit sumps,refug, Kalk&rodi under 300.jpg
Plan is pound as much coffee into my veins without physically harming myself. Count the hours down until I can get home and sit in front of tank. Take lil man to get Ibanez hooked up so he can Jam. Hang out with yall and talk smack:D

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will do it lol. Ive been feeding my new tank upgrade reef roids 3x a week, dosing Phosphates and Nitrates as well as feeding 3 baby fish a half cube to cube a day. Phosphates barely settled in around whatever is between. 025 and .1 haha. Nothing wrong with .1 Phosphates. In fact there's just as many papers and reefs here proving healthy corals, better colors and generally overall healthy systems.
Got my Nitrates around 10. If I can maintain these numbers for the rest of my natural reef life ill be ecstatic!
I agree 100%! I used to keep the tank very clean until I had Dino’s that lasted a couple months and it was probly the hardest battle I’ve fought so far in reefing lol I was noticing some dinos attaching to the macro algae in my tank and that’s what made me test phosphate and yep it was 0

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes
Plan is pound as much coffee into my veins without physically harming myself. Count the hours down until I can get home and sit in front of tank. Take lil man to get Ibanez hooked up so he can Jam. Hang out with yall and talk smack:D
sounds like you have a plan.... I will be here tonight too only with a Stella or a bourbon in hand....I have a beautiful 2 inch bali green slimer and a Toxik GreenMonster monster to glue to a rock ... They broke off from the mother during the move from the person I got the mothers colonies from...I am gonna probably sell them soon as they are happy on the rocks for about a month...

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes

sounds like you have a plan.... I will be here tonight too only with a Stella or a bourbon in hand....I have a beautiful 2 inch bali green slimer and a Toxik GreenMonster monster to glue to a rock ... They broke off from the mother during the move from the person I got the mothers colonies from...I am gonna probably sell them soon as they are happy on the rocks for about a month...
Your motivating me to get serious about tank 2. My plans for Tank 1 just aren't going to allow for anything that needs more than 150 par and that's pushing it. On the contrary to popular belief lol Shroom lagoons are probably one of the more advanced systems you can try and create. Unless your doing same species/light/flow/nutrients needs shrooms it can be difficult to say the least. I have some that needs 100+ par. Some that don't want more than 30 par tops. Some love flow. Some melt thinking about it. Some love high nutrients. Some babies melt just thinking about algae growing and encroaching them. Super challenging tight fine line to walk.
I just need to get tank 2 dialed now. Id love to throw some sticks in it and see what happens!
Oh yeah nems too:D

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes

I accidentally dropped a rock on my sps yeseryday free frag I guess lol I think it’s a forest fire digita, impossible to kil type sps

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your motivating me to get serious about tank 2. My plans for Tank 1 just aren't going to allow for anything that needs more than 150 par and that's pushing it. On the contrary to popular belief lol Shroom lagoons are probably one of the more advanced systems you can try and create. Unless your doing same species/light/flow/nutrients needs shrooms it can be difficult to say the least. I have some that needs 100+ par. Some that don't want more than 30 par tops. Some love flow. Some melt thinking about it. Some love high nutrients. Some babies melt just thinking about algae growing and encroaching them. Super challenging tight fine line to walk.
I just need to get tank 2 dialed now. Id love to throw some sticks in it and see what happens!
Oh yeah nems too:D
Well I a glad I am motivating you,,,,if this is a good thing for you.....We never planned to get into all these corals and zoas but now its too late, we are hooked.....I will be tearing down the acylic 140 (72x22x20 tall) which was built by local place here in AZ...I built a stand and canopy for it and has a sump..
It has only been up and running for a little over a year. Has a blue back with internal overflow which is also blue.
Maybe this something to think about.....

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I accidentally dropped a rock on my sps yeseryday free frag I guess lol I think it’s a forest fire digita, impossible to kil type sps
I have a bubblegum digi. I broke it now I have two. But one is still a nub. Someone gave it to me so I will probably give away the nub once it grows a bit

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That will do it lol. Ive been feeding my new tank upgrade reef roids 3x a week, dosing Phosphates and Nitrates as well as feeding 3 baby fish a half cube to cube a day. Phosphates barely settled in around whatever is between. 025 and .1 haha. Nothing wrong with .1 Phosphates. In fact there's just as many papers and reefs here proving healthy corals, better colors and generally overall healthy systems.
Got my Nitrates around 10. If I can maintain these numbers for the rest of my natural reef life ill be ecstatic!
POST 24,000.
see fishdude for your free coral.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bubblegum digi. I broke it now I have two. But one is still a nub. Someone gave it to me so I will probably give away the nub once it grows a bit
Digi is the only branching sps I have they’re invincible right?!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back