my new baby... AKA The Café

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm about to be cutting a bunch off of my overflow and surrounding rocks. I'll probably have some pretty big sheets. You're welcome to some.
That would be awesome ! My lfs never has any and I love them

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too lol I had bristle worms shipped to me thought they were dead and then came back to life once they were acclimated
I kept the big 5 inch bristle worm that I caught, and put it in my "QT tank".

It just low key split into 4 new worms. It was the creepiest, yet oddly interesting thing I've ever seen.
Not Bad Season 2 GIF by Paramount+
Angry Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Reefing_addiction

Corals and Cronies over Crack
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too lol I had bristle worms shipped to me thought they were dead and then came back to life once they were acclimated
When I swapped tanks I went through and saved as many as I could from the sand and now I’m wondering if I saved too many

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bristleworms are tougher than you think. They crawl out of rock, flop around in tub when I scrub my rock and rinse in tap water. I throw them back in bucket until I'm done. Never fails they go rigjt back in tank and slither back to a rock. So do snails and whatever else falls off.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi all...:)..not much new here...:D
crabs are evil..love the snails,trohcus #1 ,margaritias #2 ,and the short lived astreas.
but i have no sand .
annd...no new pics today...:rolleyes:
IMG_20210731_151802_187.jpg

WAAAAY,TOO WHITE...;Facepalm

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
crabs are evil..love the snails,trohcus #1 ,margaritias #2 ,and the short lived astreas.
but i have no sand .

That frogger is WAYYY to big. :eek:;Jawdrop

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but i have no sand .

Love seeing the tank again:D
Are those the 50/50's?
Blue + made it way to bright and blue with the blues i was already running. Actinic really added a nice touch but pushed way to much extra par where they intersected under my led. Just can't win man. Really wish I would of gotten the dimmable t5 or strips

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
mix of t5, 10k ,56k,1 actinic ,have not wired the led strips yet.. :rolleyes:just turned on for pics,tank is running on mostly led stunner strips.
but have removed the 6' vho whites,stunners are 4' on each side of 12' ,need to run center new light full on for a couple hours a day ,atm,
should have leds going tonight or tomorrow ,then were all blue for a few days working up to full lights...:)

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mix of t5, 10k ,56k,1 actinic ,have not wired the led strips yet.. :rolleyes:just turned on for pics,tank is running on mostly led stunner strips.
but have removed the 6' vho whites,stunners are 4' on each side of 12' ,need to run center new light full on for a couple hours a day ,atm,
should have leds going tonight or tomorrow ,then were all blue for a few days working up to full lights...:)
Lol now you have to:D

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
oh yeah,done deal now. went to wire them up last night ,but found i could move the led strips in 2" closer ,
with help from my son we did,then looking at,as hanging ,about 12' 6" total length on 12' tank...hmnn
yep we moved 2 fixtures lil closer together ,ate up 5 of the 6" total ,looks a lot neater too.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh yeah,done deal now. went to wire them up last night ,but found i could move the led strips in 2" closer ,
with help from my son we did,then looking at,as hanging ,about 12' 6" total length on 12' tank...hmnn
yep we moved 2 fixtures lil closer together ,ate up 5 of the 6" total ,looks a lot neater too.
Awesome man sounds like its coming together for you! After going through what I just went through. Ill be in no hurry to change things up anytime soon with my lights! One dimmable strip in back is all I need and I'm gold lol:D

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here’s a little update…

I moved out of my grandpas and will be collecting my fish and coral on Thursday so let’s hope that all goes well! I have a new 22gal rimless low iron glass tank coming on Thursday as well which is a huge upgrade from the 20gal tank I got for $20 at PetCo. At least,m something good came from this! I’ll be going to Lowe’s tomorrow with my brother to get supplies to build a stand for it. I have coral coming from WWC on Thursday too so I really hope the tank isn’t delayed and the stand is ready on time

The problem, I have a 10gal fresh water that I can’t take but also can’t leave there. Not sure what to do but I think I’ll maybe just bring the fish to a LFS and see if they’ll take them. My 2 gallon terrarium for my red clawed crab will probably have to go too sadly

Last edited:

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here’s a little update…

I moved out of my grandpas and will be collecting my fish and coral on Thursday so let’s hope that all goes well! I have a new 22gal rimless low iron glass tank coming on Thursday as well which is a huge upgrade from the 20gal tank I got for $20 at PetCo. At least,m something good came from this! I’ll be going to Lowe’s tomorrow with my brother to get supplies to build a stand for it. I have coral coming from WWC on Thursday too so I really hope the tank isn’t delayed and the stand is ready on time

The problem, I have a 10gal fresh water that I can’t take but also can’t leave there. Not sure what to do but I think I’ll maybe just bring the fish to a LFS and see if they’ll take them. My 2 gallon terrarium for my red clawed crab will probably have to go too sadly
reach out if you need plans for the stand.
there is a correct/safe way to make one. :cool:

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like using the pipe trick. I've had 100 percent success.
I've got @Rcampos set up with the tube right now. I'm going to have to remake it. My pipe extends too far into the sponge so I don't have a lot of sponge room to close over rock. I've used it a bunch in the last month and it's been great every time.
you guys aware of any corrugated/flex tube that is reef safe i could use?

Back