my new baby... AKA The Café

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wood is warped so the base isn’t level. We don’t have a planer…any solutions aside from buying one? Not skilled with one either
I know it's not ideal, but I would recommend going back to your big box store, and buying kiln dried lumber. Cherry pick the stack for the straightest boards in both planes. Make sure you restack it out of courtesy. I done through 50 boards to get 10 for my recent stand build. Be selective, for what you're paying right now for lumber, It dang well better be straight.

And just a woodworking tidbit, If your boards are warped you need a jointer not a planner. A planer follows a reference surface so we'll essentially copy one problem onto the other side. A jointer presents a blade at a fixed angle to a flat surface to remove the high spots and leave a flat surface, that a planer can then duplicate on the other side creating two coplanar sides.

-This informational session brought to you by Skywalker OG.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
totally agree ,going through wood pile at store ,first have to get past "other guys" don't want pile ,i have found 2 up from shims in untouched bunk is about where you find the best boards,
hint ,look at end of bunk for the untouched portion ,start digging to there.
stinks but thats just how it is.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
have a great night all... :)
time to walk Boogie,then binge watch something till i fall asleep ...;)
bets i don't make it through first episode...:D:rolleyes:...;Oldman

Jaden9933

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's not ideal, but I would recommend going back to your big box store, and buying kiln dried lumber. Cherry pick the stack for the straightest boards in both planes. Make sure you restock it out of courtesy. I done through 50 boards to get 10 for my recent stand build. Be selective, for what you're paying right now for lumber, It dang well better be straight.

And just a woodworking tidbit, If your boards are warped you need a jointer not a planner. A planer follows a reference surface so we'll essentially copy one problem onto the other side. A jointer presents a blade at a fixed angle to a flat surface to remove the high spots and leave a flat surface, that a planer can then duplicate on the other side creating two coplanar sides.

-This informational session brought to you by Skywalker OG.
We sadly cut the wood already so can’t return most of it. I don’t have the money for more as of now so I’ll probably try the jointer
The plan Mike Drew up for you really should start with straight lumber from the git.
I assumed so and that was my worry when picking the wood. Might just have to wait on the stand and new tank if the jointer doesn’t work

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish are enjoying swimming around the new fans, this was early lights and the last pair of T5s just came on as I type, the purple is opening well but the red one is having non of it so far. ;)

DSC_0410 (1024x683).jpg

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning everyone....coffee time....
Finished all the plumbing yesterday...Here is a picture of the back.
Far left 1" pipe (from mechanical/chemical sump # 2) and far right 1" pipe (from mechanical/biological sump #1) returns (Ecotech M2's)
Then second from left is 1 1/2" intake from tank to sump #2, middle is 1 1/2" pipe to 2 chamber refugium and then second from right is 1 1/2 intake from tank to sump#1.
I have to move the tank to get a front picture. Should be doing that today since plans are to stand the wood frame wrap and barn doors.
Oh if you noticed, I am putting a clear plastic holder(made from my coffee mate container) on each 1 1/2" intake pipe so I can put carbon and a layer of foam to filter any air since it is in the kitchen part of the house. Also to filter out any house hold cleaning chemicals etc.

Attachments

• Back of 300 plumbing.jpg
    Back of 300 plumbing.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 25

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We sadly cut the wood already so can’t return most of it. I don’t have the money for more as of now so I’ll probably try the jointer

I assumed so and that was my worry when picking the wood. Might just have to wait on the stand and new tank if the jointer doesn’t work
how bad is it?
disregard if this is covered in a later post. :cool:

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning peeps
Has anyone employed Berghia for Aiptasia and how did it work out? Little buggers aint cheap
I did some reading on them a while ago, and it seems it is the best solution. I have not had the problem you are having so can't give you results...

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did some reading on them a while ago, and it seems it is the best solution. I have not had the problem you are having so can't give you results...
Thanks. I don't have a big problem atm. I used Aiptasia X on a couple of them and while they died they seem to have spawned a few more, so I'm looking to get a handle on it early.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I don't have a big problem atm. I used Aiptasia X on a couple of them and while they died they seem to have spawned a few more, so I'm looking to get a handle on it early.
sounds like you have a good plan. I think having one (Berghi nudibranch) would save you time on having to chase and kill the problems....Plus they can get in all the nooks and crannies you can't or can't see into....If I had your problem, I would get one, but this is just my thoughts on what I would do...

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning peeps
Has anyone employed Berghia for Aiptasia and how did it work out? Little buggers aint cheap
Morning , I’ve used them before and they worked 100%. But I wouldn’t use unless you had a big invasion because aptasia will most likely come back after berghia starves

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like you have a good plan. I think having one (Berghi nudibranch) would save you time on having to chase and kill the problems....Plus they can get in all the nooks and crannies you can't or can't see into....If I had your problem, I would get one, but this is just my thoughts on what I would do...
Stop calling it a problem! LOL
I agree, I think I'll pick one up today. Have to go back to the lfs anyway because they gave me the wrong hanna alk reagent, ppm instead of dkh

Back