my new baby... AKA The Café

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I don't like sticks. They can take that po4 and die!

Edit: Coffee hasn't kicked in yet.
.21 and my sticks do fine lol. Helps to have 50 nitrates and an all of 13 lol. If one is high, make them all high lol.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
.21 and my sticks do fine lol. Helps to have 50 nitrates and an all of 13 lol. If one is high, make them all high lol.
I may get a solar flare than and a pc rainbow! I love posts like this! Makes my morning and coffee so much better.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This afternoon, I need to contact seneye and see if my reader is faulty. I am reading so many reports on the seneye v2 having false par readings because of blue light. I am so not happy.

But, also, it matches the par readings of the orbit light par map.. So it's why I didn't question it. ARGH.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the local godfather of coral told me that.
he does live sales here. (major hint)
PO4 1+
NO3 50+
pics don't lie.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may get a solar flare than and a pc rainbow! I love posts like this! Makes my morning and coffee so much better.
I tired the lets keep it at .03 to .08 and nitrates at 10. Had to dose the tank for nutrients for a while at one point. Then decided to just feed whatever the tangs wanted to eat and be done with it. If the SPS had issues, I had a cleaner tank to move them to. They did fine. Growth slowed a bit for a while and then they started taking off and growing like weeds. Colors could be better, do not get me wrong. They are not pale, but some of the highlights they had before just are not there anymore. Like slight noticeable highlights, not like a full loss of a highlight, if that makes sense.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tired the lets keep it at .03 to .08 and nitrates at 10. Had to dose the tank for nutrients for a while at one point. Then decided to just feed whatever the tangs wanted to eat and be done with it. If the SPS had issues, I had a cleaner tank to move them to. They did fine. Growth slowed a bit for a while and then they started taking off and growing like weeds. Colors could be better, do not get me wrong. They are not pale, but some of the highlights they had before just are not there anymore. Like slight noticeable highlights, not like a full loss of a highlight, if that makes sense.
so like not "just left the salon to hide the grey" hi lites. ;)

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are not pale, but some of the highlights they had before just are not there anymore. Like slight noticeable highlights, not like a full loss of a highlight, if that makes sense.
The highlights are just a bonus. I like the chalice corals for more of that glitter. I have a green slimer. Looking at it is like looking at glittery green vomit.... I would need to maybe add a wave maker for some extra flow for the sps if I go that route. I will see in another month if my slimer holds up.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The highlights I refer to are, like you said, a bonus. In the pic below, this used to have like a small blue ring right below the growth tip. It is now a muted blue that the phone just doesn't pick up very well.

To me, this is still on of my favorite corals. It is a no name wild one, but the PE on this thing is nuts 90% of the time.

IMG_5080.jpg

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can see what you are talking about. My bta is no different along with the hellfire torch I have. There are somethings cameras don't show well. But I know how to look for it. I love that clam next to that colony. My fox and cbb would munch on it all day sadly.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see what you are talking about. My bta is no different along with the hellfire torch I have. There are somethings cameras don't show well. But I know how to look for it. I love that clam next to that colony. My fox and cbb would munch on it all day sadly.
That clam is an annoyance. I am almost 250 par on the sand bed, where it used to live. It kept trying to climb the rock and then would fall. Fell into my forest fire colony and broke it to pieces. So out of spite, I was like "You want more light, here is more light" and placed it next to that colony up top (624 par from MH) and it thrived lol. What a terd of a clam.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That clam is an annoyance. I am almost 250 par on the sand bed, where it used to live. It kept trying to climb the rock and then would fall. Fell into my forest fire colony and broke it to pieces. So out of spite, I was like "You want more light, here is more light" and placed it next to that colony up top (624 par from MH) and it thrived lol. What a terd of a clam.
Mine is sitting in the very top of my tank as well, well over 800 par in that area. Whatever, as long as it's happy I guess....

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks incredible. However, that’s almost 3 hours away from me. :/

Would love a 170 rimless though. ;Greedy

($650 is also a killer deal)
Actually, if I actually had the money for it, I would arrange for him to drive halfway or something, because that’s an awesome tank. (After doing research on it, the tank/stand/sump is worth around $1.1k, and that’s JUST that!)

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Actually, if I actually had the money for it, I would arrange for him to drive halfway or something, because that’s an awesome tank. (After doing research on it, the tank/stand/sump is worth around $1.1k, and that’s JUST that!)
Didn't you get paid?

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason I don't like sticks. They can take that po4 and die!

Edit: Coffee hasn't kicked in yet.
Thats not true. If you want some easy sticks look at the digi. Po .25 nitrate api 180 it was red as red as the test would go.
The digi have tripped in size in less than a year.

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can swing it James definitely go for it. Maybe make some sort of deal with the parentals. If not, hang in there and wait for another good deal locally.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thats not true. If you want some easy sticks look at the digi. Po .25 nitrate api 180 it was red as red as the test would go.
The digi have tripped in size in less than a year.
I did digi's and got a new frag last week. Digitata grows like a weed. I have an old picture somewhere of my reds. The branches were extremely thick.
I had more pictures. I lost a lot of them from old hard drives burning out.

tank005.jpg

Those green shrooms on the far left, were murderers of many other shrooms. and the paly under the leather, killed many other zoas and palythoa.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First cup of coffee and the lady walks into my office. Gave me a hug and says " I really think you could have gone with the 8 for long tank if you wanted. This one doesn't even fill up the wall"

I just can't..
I TOLD YOU! Sometimes I hate being right... ;)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back