my new baby... AKA The Café

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve officially given up on one of my ricordeas. It crawled off the plug and refuses to attach to anything and has been floating around the tank for weeks It’s now sitting under the rockwork in a completely inaccessible spot and so be it. You’re on your own now buddy boy ;Facepalm

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just used about 15ml of kalk to kill a bunch of aptasia , just learned bonus phosphate reduction double win:cool:;Hilarious anyways thinking of getting an aptasia eating filefish, any recommendations? I’ve seen green ones / gray not sure who would do job best
I say choose wisely. They also love Zoas

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know most people are asleep but I have a question I watch a video stating kalkwasser lowers phosphates is that true ?
I been doing a lot of research also on this and other topics for the 300.
I spent hours at WWC also and I am going to use a doubled chambered ATO, I made so that I can replace evap water with Kalk as my foundation and Rodi water. This way I do not have to dose as much ALK,CA and MG as Kalk will be my foundation and then my GHL will only have to dose whats needed for ALK,CA,MG, I know it will take a little time to dial it all in, but my hope is I will save $ using Kalk...

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The highlights are just a bonus. I like the chalice corals for more of that glitter. I have a green slimer. Looking at it is like looking at glittery green vomit.... I would need to maybe add a wave maker for some extra flow for the sps if I go that route. I will see in another month if my slimer holds up.
I love Bali Green Slimer color, i have a 6" tall one...

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love Bali Green Slimer color, i have a 6" tall one...
It's growing on me. Even though I have a bit of green and most green is just green. The green slimer does take that to a different level. Maybe it's just me...
Watching it grow is rather pleasant.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Frank and Friends

happy friday.gif

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't you get paid?
I get payed just a little over minimum wage and I usually only work once a week, lol. Not even close to $650.

I do have an airsoft sniper rifle worth over $850 that I could TRY to sell in order to get this.*

(as in ask my parents for the money, and then pay them back once/if it sells?)

*However, I do really like it, so it would be a hard choice even if they did say yes. :/

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I get payed just a little over minimum wage and I usually only work once a week, lol. Not even close to $650.

I do have an airsoft sniper rifle worth over $850 that I could TRY to sell in order to get this.*

(as in ask my parents for the money, and then pay them back once/if it sells?)

*However, I do really like it, so it would be a hard choice even if they did say yes. :/
If you can get them to agree with taking it to the next move. My parents were always there to help with my hobby needs. They understood. Our living room was the fish room. Dad loved it though.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
going to go put a RO system in for my friends kitchen today, then come home and begin the project of getting all the electric stuff wired in neatly under the tank and plug ends labeled...so that once the 300 fills up, I can test the pumps and all the plumbing before I add salt to the mix....
Have 4 new Gen 5 XR30s to install also on the light rack I built.
Oh this will call for it to be small batch bourbon time tonight...

Last edited:

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can get them to agree with taking it to the next move. My parents were always there to help with my hobby needs. They understood. Our living room was the fish room. Dad loved it though.
I can definitely get them to agree to take it on the move (I will definitely have to get rid of the current 29g though), it’s more the “loaning $650+” part. ;Greedy ;Dead

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can definitely get them to agree to take it on the move (I will definitely have to get rid of the current 29g though), it’s more the “loaning $650+” part. ;Greedy ;Dead
DO IT. make sure to check for cracks, leak signs. Around the seams, look for water stains. Bubbles, holes. You won't be sorry if it is in working order.

i didn;t see the post, but the fact it is ready for setup, I wonder if there are issues.

Edit: Frank has your back and was helping you hunt james. That's a true friend!

Last edited:

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might also be able to sell more photos to the art and frame store to help make up some more of the money.

I guess I’ll never know until I ask…

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i didn;t see the post, but the fact it is ready for setup, I wonder if there are issues.
Here it is:

It all looks to be in very very good condition. Everything looks slight used which is perfectly fine.

(also comes with Red Sea test kits)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back