Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i replied back
hard pass :cool:
I saw your response and almost responded, but I knew most on that thread would not get it if they are not familiar with fishguy's thread... I still think that company missed an opportunity for advertisement through Frank and now has some negative advertisement to the regulars here who are aware of the situation...
hi all...:)

LOL, Yes ,today,the nerve of them...really... i ripped "them" hard, who really wants a cheap "little " led anyway ???
for what a biocube...;).
Just know that at least some of us understand! It is too bad that company now has a negative image in my mind, at least somewhat (not that I was in the market for coral LED lights anyways... I have a brother who is an electrical engineer and I have enough general DIY knowledge that I'd probably make my own LED's when needed in the future).

On my tank aggression issue, I will definitely need to do something very soon, since my favorite (rectangle) trigger is now in hiding and looks to have damaged fins while the undulate trigger is now cruising freely as the new ruling king...

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet and thanks, sounds like my current led cycle minus the T5s. :)
Is it looking a little too bright in here?;)
Screenshot_20210922-101008_Wyze.jpg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did try it. Yes its a softer pop but still bright for sure.
Shrooms loved it. I was thinking about tossing one in back this weekend and see what it does with par over the sticks.

Take pics, I love the warmer look they give, only three pairs of T5s working here and the missing pair are a purple plus and a coral plus.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take pics, I love the warmer look they give, only three pairs of T5s working here and the missing pair are a purple plus and a coral plus.
Will do ive been trying to get the courage to do it for cpl weeks now. Everything is just really digging things the way it is atm. I do need some MOAR lamp over the slimer I was told to run at 200 par minimum and im only sitting at 175 now. Seems to be doing OK with it. I want it to glow though. Shrooms seem to be alot more forgiving in the deeper water now though I think im going to give it a shot haha
Last time I threw a blue+ bulb in my Earls split within 2 hrs haha

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to hit them with some red light and Barry White, see if they will spawn. ;)
Think @F i s h y and maybe even @Lost in the Sauce have tried the red light district approach and they didn't love them for it.
All I do now is show them Brendons text messages and pix for that;)

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think @F i s h y and maybe even @Lost in the Sauce have tried the red light district approach and they didn't love them for it.
I've had good luck with the red and blue light (kessil h180) with softies and shrooms. Also have had success with a couple sps. But I wouldn't do it long term.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had good luck with the red and blue light (kessil h180) with softies and shrooms. Also have had success with a couple sps. But I wouldn't do it long term.
But did you play them some Barry white or at least talk to them in Barry white voice with red light on?:D

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have run mushrooms under Red "bloom" spectrum lighting and they curled up in little ugly balls, released from plugs and had a JB from @DonTavo27 just melt within like two days.

That's an experiment I won't be trying again but interested to see if others have success with it.

The only thing that loved the Red, like LOVED the red were the Sinularia frags. Those things looked like hydnophora they were so open and fluffy!

But yes when in doubt, Barry White voice plus my Instagram is sure to get your corals in the mood ; )

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back