my new baby... AKA The Café

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All but the emergencies. I have small blennies in all my tanks and they sometime like to go overflow surfing lol. I turnover a ton of water, so if they go down a pipe, it is usually not good for them. Much easier to turn off pump, lift drain pipe up with gate valve all the way open and catch in a net. If they just went down, they would be beat up and then land in a group of non-photsynthetic nems in the sumps lol.
This makes perfect sense.

When I restocked the 120 I put a black Molly in the tank. It either got eaten by a tube, or down the overflow. I would not be at all surprised to find it still alive in the sump when I tear everything down.

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes plan to run the 1 1/2 strainers on the over flow pipes in the tank.
Not doing overflow boxes, I don't like them, they just take up more room in the tank, no benefit to them over just a straight pipe in the tank, Just my opinion though.
In NY I never had overflow boxes, always just ran a pipe with a strainer in the corners of the tank and then had a "T" on the back of the tank for air to mix with water, a valve and it silenced the water,worked great.
The 140 has a built in overflow and I hate it...takes up so much room....just for water to spill in so the internal pipe can send water to the sumps...waste of space....

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sp1187 you getting this weather?!
I’m in the garage building an Ark.
got that ark done?
i now have lake front property.
IMG_4363.jpg

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This makes perfect sense.

When I restocked the 120 I put a black Molly in the tank. It either got eaten by a tube, or down the overflow. I would not be at all surprised to find it still alive in the sump when I tear everything down.
yep, I lost a few firefish. Could not find them, the somehow got through the weirs of the 140s overflow box, into the chamber, and up pipe and down into the first chamber of the sump.
They were there for a while until I found them and put them back in the tank. I had to put a screen on the overflow box, its a cleaning nightmare....

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am on my Mac now, so can see what you mean, the second pic on phone just kinda looked like 2 nems the way the pic was taken and a small screen lol.
It's a big deal. Lighting is so critical. Plus, things have been spawning and clouding the water.

This morning things have cleared up.

Compare.jpg

Basically, I would love to this this thing under some higher end leds.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I finally did a write up of the "Nem Cannon". Put it in the nem section, so hoepfully it helps others lol.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simon do you have any insight on what the word "gindistracted" may mean?:D
There's an extra D in there I think.

Guessing it's pretty close to skirtstracted.

Action Verb. " I got skirtstracted walking through the mall right before the wife's hand landed upside my head"

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Action Verb. " I got skirtstracted walking through the mall right before the wife's hand landed upside my head"
So.

"While I was tequistracted, I then became skirtstracted and then got slapstracted by the wife?"

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hahaha man I love these. Always a fun moment with wife around. She def not afraid to pull someone aside in middle of the mall to let someone know exactly what all can be seen through some yogapanstracted:)

Back