my new baby... AKA The Café

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did some mathing. If I wanted to end up with a 100% wc a week, it would be under a cup of water a day at full volume (not accounting for displacement - I haven't filled the tank and measured actual volume yet.) I think I may order the dosers to arrive via amazon tomorrow - then run some tests with tap water under supervision. If I don't trust it I can easily return the doser, no harm no foul. I'll obviously need to do regular recalibrations and maintain the device to even consider trusting it longterm.
So would you have one dozer pulling water from the tank out at a given rate and the other one matching its rate replacing it?

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So would you have one dozer pulling water from the tank out at a given rate and the other one matching its rate replacing it?
That's the idea, we'll see if it works in practice

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the idea, we'll see if it works in practice
I like the idea of running the test for a while. If it will hold the water level at a constant, and the volume replaced over say a week is what you were shooting for, sounds like a nice hack.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interested.

Scary idea trusting 2 dosers. 1 to not overfill, 1 not to over-drain. But you could set limits on both so that should be ok.

I think may be a bit overkill, but it may also yield some great results depending on the salt you choose. Definitely should track the progress.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea of running the test for a while. If it will hold the water level at a constant, and the volume replaced over say a week is what you were shooting for, sounds like a nice hack.
There's also space to consider, I'm not sure I have the space to set it up in this area to be honest. The cheap version is still 10x6x3 and I don't want to shell out $$ for something tinier that may not even work. Probably won't order tonight, gonna play around with some rearranging to see if I can feasibly fit it without the area looking ridiculous.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 2 head dosing system takes up more space than the tank.
GIF by Achievement Hunter

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you putting a fish in it??
absolutely not, I don't even have a fish in the 4g. There's a shrimp & a hermit in the 4 but I don't feel comfortable even doing that in this one.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
galaxy 7 vs i phone 7... ;Blackeye
Interesting. Both 2016 releases. I had Galaxy up until the 6th before switching over to the Google Pixel.

Check them out next time you're phone shopping. You've seen my pics, They are far from spectacular but straight off the phone with an orange lens, I think the pixels pictures are better than most.

Best part about it, it's not Apple!

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. Both 2016 releases. I had Galaxy up until the 6th before switching over to the Google Pixel.

Check them out next time you're phone shopping. You've seen my pics, They are far from spectacular but straight off the phone with an orange lens, I think the pixels pictures are better than most.

Best part about it, it's not Apple!
Love my pixel & its photos, even with my shakey hands it does a pretty good job

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't seem like many people are on right now, but on the MCT thread of mine, I'm toying with setting up a ghetto-rigged awc system since it's such a tiny volume (again, 0.37gallons total).

Trying to debate between buying and mixing salt myself again (I don't do water changes on either of my other tanks because I'm a filthy heathen) and just buying a mixture from the LFS (which has bitten me harshly in the rump in the past), or buying something sketchy like the premixed petco stuff.... Mostly, I want the most reliability and absolutely least effort. I'm a real gem.

Any input?
I have learned through the years, that when my wife and any girl asks me a question when they are torn on what to do because the don't want to wind up with the wrong answer or the wrong or bad results ......I learned to avoid the question or situation....so I will plead the 5th on this......sorry...

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have learned through the years, that when my wife and any girl asks me a question when they are torn on what to do because the don't want to wind up with the wrong answer or the wrong or bad results ......I learned to avoid the question or situation....so I will plead the 5th on this......sorry...
So, I could make it fit, but it would be very cluttered. I'm passing on the idea for now but it's still brewing in the background in case I decide to revisit.

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Back