my new baby... AKA The Café

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to figure out what to do with this Mantis Shrimp...

Now I really want to keep a smaller tank (after I move next year) for a BTA, 2 clownfish and that shrimp, however I know that shrimp probably shouldn't be in a thin glass tank or if they can be kept with clownfish? And also not sure how I'd catch it to move into another tank or to sell it.
It's been in there 6-7 months and I've seen it twice now, all within 2 weeks time.
I may just have to keep the 50 cube?!

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Now I really want to keep a smaller tank (after I move next year) for a BTA, 2 clownfish and that shrimp, however I know that shrimp probably shouldn't be in a thin glass tank or if they can be kept with clownfish? And also not sure how I'd catch it to move into another tank or to sell it.
It's been in there 6-7 months and I've seen it twice now, all within 2 weeks time.
i like that idea... :)

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There was a poll recently and nobody rogered up that they had actually Had or Seen a smasher mantis break glass so I have my doubts, not too its ability, but It's constitution to do so.

I have seen a few YouTube aquarists who made sure to have eggcrate at the bottom of there cube then a few inches of sand. In theory, it can't transfer from snap to plastic to glass.

I say if that's that plan, make it the plan. A couple clown friends didn't be a problem.

As for catching it, can you offer it a new PVC den that you can remove with it in there?

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a poll recently and nobody rogered up that they had actually Had or Seen a smasher mantis break glass so I have my doubts, not too its ability, but It's constitution to do so.

I have seen a few YouTube aquarists who made sure to have eggcrate at the bottom of there cube then a few inches of sand. In theory, it can't transfer from snap to plastic to glass.

I say if that's that plan, make it the plan. A couple clown friends didn't be a problem.

As for catching it, can you offer it a new PVC den that you can remove with it in there?

Just a sheet of acrylic should do it under the sand.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's great information thanks.
I'll do some more reading.
Great idea, making a den. I'll probably have to bait it, seems simple enough.

Setup would be minimalist, No coral, 2 galaxy clarkii, 1 or 2 BTA and that mantis shrimp.
WC every 8 weeks.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great information thanks.
I'll do some more reading.
Great idea, making a den. I'll probably have to bait it, seems simple enough.

Setup would be minimalist, No coral, 2 galaxy clarkii, 1 or 2 BTA and that mantis shrimp.
WC every 8 weeks.

My lfs has angler currently, small, I so want to get it for the puddle but not sure how smart the pink streak wrasse is. ;)

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
POP... :) Candy anyone...;)
IMG_20211017_143835_189.jpg
IMG_20211017_144054_695.jpg
IMG_20211017_143850_128.jpg

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"GOT WOOD"... i do...;Woot;Woot that's a lot of nice ash...;Happy
IMG_20211017_173037_267.jpg

few misc others in truck...:D free? it's for me...;)
IMG_20211017_173004_542.jpg
IMG_20211017_172942_337.jpg

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Plywood build coming soon???
heck no ,cost of wood... o_O concrete ,pool paint...;)never rule anything out round here...:rolleyes:

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww it's just a baby!

If the time comes that you decide to take it out let me know.

When does the wedding planning turn into a wedding?
In august :D next year lol all the major stuff is done and paid for !! Just little things now and I’ll let ya kno

Back