my new baby... AKA The Café

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C91910A6-90A4-4283-8BE4-6AD89ADC6A83.jpeg

My salt tank lights are still off but here’s Gary and his home unfortunately Gary has a tumor on his body but he’s still living

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How was it??

I need any pH masters to head over to my thread and let me know if they have any suggestions please. Tank is doing well, but I know it would do much better if I could get this sorted and I'm not sure if changing my dosing regime would help out or not. Gracias
It’s actually really good, quite a long movie at 2.5 hours but it does a good job of helping you figure out what the heck is going on haha , i won’t spoil anything but it does remind me of star wars

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi all...:) i use a 2 part marine epoxy ,should do the trick.
i have pic to prove "flex fix" does not hold 2x now...:)

OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hey Folks, happy Sunday. Lots of work to do as always.. Guess I need to get busy..

Frank, This pic hurts my brain :p
sorry it was late...:D

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang it. I’m already crazy about deep water acros. And I haven’t had a single reef yet. Probably going to be the noob who tries difficult sps way too soon
Start with relatively cheaper ones (if there are any) to test your system first. Overnight rtn Sucks!

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Start with relatively cheaper ones (if there are any) to test your system first. Overnight rtn Sucks!

thats the plan. Honestly, in a perfect world I’d just start with the beginner sps battle box from battlecorals. Doesn’t have deep water but it has a few stags and then some poci, stylo, and monti.

I’m becoming very glad I essentially have two tanks for reefs. The 120 and 53. Pretty sure that as long as I include the 3 corals my stepdaughter wants, I can throw in things that might not fit the 120.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats the plan. Honestly, in a perfect world I’d just start with the beginner sps battle box from battlecorals. Doesn’t have deep water but it has a few stags and then some poci, stylo, and monti.

I’m becoming very glad I essentially have two tanks for reefs. The 120 and 53. Pretty sure that as long as I include the 3 corals my stepdaughter wants, I can throw in things that might not fit the 120.
BC battle boxes are sick. Once I'm all dialed in, I'm going to call homie up with a budget and have him cherry pick for me

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BC battle boxes are sick. Once I'm all dialed in, I'm going to call homie up with a budget and have him cherry pick for me

yeah I’ve always heard about the bad…donkey-ary that is Adam and battlecorals and his battle box. During my evolution as a reef keeper I’ve gone from not understanding the desire to keep sps, then kinda thinking they’re cool but not on my horizon, to where I’m at now where I want to be like Jake Adam’s at reef builders and learn to recognize all the corals and understand their idiosyncrasies in order to be the best hobbyist I can be. So now I want acros and sps. I want them to help fill out my reef and create natural pockets for lower light corals. And for fish like clown gobies.
Which is a really long winded way to say:

Battlecorals is the excrement (gotta be family friendly my friends) because Adam tells you the species you’re buying. You can be a spoiled first world reefer and select a frag that’s accustomed to your type of light.

hard not to nerd out about Adam’s operation my dude

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double post: maybe I’m the only one but I really wish more coral vendors took the time to identify the species they sell ala battlecorals, liveaquaria, and to a lesser extent JF and tidal Gardens.

knowing how to identify the various, scan species for example, seems like it would only help us: we’d have a better notion of the subtle difference in needs between corals that are doing poorly without an aporrear rhyme or reason

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I’ve always heard about the bad…donkey-ary that is Adam and battlecorals and his battle box. During my evolution as a reef keeper I’ve gone from not understanding the desire to keep sps, then kinda thinking they’re cool but not on my horizon, to where I’m at now where I want to be like Jake Adam’s at reef builders and learn to recognize all the corals and understand their idiosyncrasies in order to be the best hobbyist I can be. So now I want acros and sps. I want them to help fill out my reef and create natural pockets for lower light corals. And for fish like clown gobies.
Which is a really long winded way to say:

Battlecorals is the excrement (gotta be family friendly my friends) because Adam tells you the species you’re buying. You can be a spoiled first world reefer and select a frag that’s accustomed to your type of light.

hard not to nerd out about Adam’s operation my dude

If you are planning on going SPS, you can actually copy Adam's lighting schedule for your reefbreeders, he has it posted on his ig.

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are planning on going SPS, you can actually copy Adam's lighting schedule for your reefbreeders, he has it posted on his ig.

oh awesome. I’ll have to check that out. Awesome he shares his schedule.

I’m not planning on going completely sps. But honestly it’ll probable end up being sps dominant

BeltedCoyote

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BeltedCoyote

Not gunna lie, I've kind of got a reefer man rush on Adam.

youll find no judgment here. Messaged him asking about the beginnerbox. Said he’lol just through something equivalent together for me regardless of the usual corals being ready to be fragged again or not

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
youll find no judgment here. Messaged him asking about the beginnerbox. Said he’lol just through something equivalent together for me regardless of the usual corals being ready to be fragged again or not
His obvious passion, unapologetic commitment to his craft goes a long way.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back