Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green x?
PXL_20220119_000335867.jpg

I should try to get a count on it some day early.
Green? Danger Will Robinson!!!!!

tempImagehEW1rU.png

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys I have a conspiracy , I found a tentacle on sandbed I think from the healthy nems because it was very bright. So I thought cool I can feed to my bleached nem to help restore zooxanthelle, so put into its mouth it moved the tentacle to the side and it looks like it’s fusing with it?! It’s the bright tentacle near bottom , I saw messentrial filaments near tentacle as if to attach it , still there this morning will see after work what happens lol

DBD5FD15-6124-4DDF-B5A6-4CCF825FE3D3.jpeg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys I have a conspiracy , I found a tentacle on sandbed I think from the healthy nems because it was very bright. So I thought cool I can feed to my bleached nem to help restore zooxanthelle, so put into its mouth it moved the tentacle to the side and it looks like it’s fusing with it?! It’s the bright tentacle near bottom , I saw messentrial filaments near tentacle as if to attach it , still there this morning will see after work what happens lol

DBD5FD15-6124-4DDF-B5A6-4CCF825FE3D3.jpeg
The nem will "kill" the tent first and then eat. Just a defense mechanism, as a clipped tent goes into offense when clipped. Will be no harm to the current nem, as the clipping has no additional aid from it's "body" to replenish it.

AKA, it has one round in mag and not able to reload. Full nem has full mag and speed reloads lol.

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nem will "kill" the tent first and then eat. Just a defense mechanism, as a clipped tent goes into offense when clipped. Will be no harm to the current nem, as the clipping has no additional aid from it's "body" to replenish it.

AKA, it has one round in mag and not able to reload. Full nem has full mag and speed reloads lol.
Interesting lol , I was just trying to give the zooxanthelle a population boost I read somewhere Orion would feed bleached nems tentacles from healthy nems hopefully it gets something out of it

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting lol , I was just trying to give the zooxanthelle a population boost I read somewhere Orion would feed bleached nems tentacles from healthy nems hopefully it gets something out of it
it does work and I have been doing it for years. With your bta, it doesnt really appear that it needed it. It will not hurt it though either.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WHITE...:oops: ID PLEASE...:D
IMG_20220128_103517_338.jpg
IMG_20220128_104450_034.jpg
IMG_20220128_104511_638.jpg

Never mind stopped ,all done now, here comes the cold ...;):D
That is clearly the ultra-special "snow" coral! Each polyp typically has 6 tentacles. In some areas, these polyps are highly valued as a bottom cover. Others prefer to keep their yard reef "bare-bottom" and detest how invasive these polyps are under certain climate parameters, such as low temperature and high levels of dihydrogen monoxide.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back