My New Crinoid Squat Lobster with the CRAZIEST Colors! (Possibly seasonal)

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my Shipment came from LiveAquaria and in there was a creature I've been waiting 4 months for, A Crinoid Squat Lobster. But not any normal one, A WHITE/YELLOW/BLACK Crinoid Squat Lobster!

For now he's in a 1g Holding jar with some Macros (Red Feather and Purple Fachae) awaiting a new tank to arrive. I've wanted this color pattern since I ever saw it. The reason I say it might be seasonal is because the last time one popped up on Divers Den was Early December 2020, none over the winter, and this week all of a sudden 3 pop up (this was 1 out of 3) Anyways, I hope yoy guys enjoy him as much as I do! Seriously might be coming my favorite invert (don't tell the bisma worms )

20210312_105733.jpg

20210312_123643.jpg

OP
OP
Northwest_Scapes_

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Are there are special care requirement for these?
Nope! Super simple to keep, and really hardy as well. The place I'm keeping mine at temporarily isn't running a heater and at night get's down to about 72 but he's been doing well so far. Mysis / Brine Shrimp and phytoplankton have been working well for me so far, the only thing I would advise is I would more so put these in a pico/nano since they're extremely small (1" max, a lot smaller in person) but other than that they're really easy

Arthroverts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. I imagine they are quite fun to see in person, if you can find them in the tank, ha ha.

Thanks for sharing,

Arthroverts

abbypoodle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today my Shipment came from LiveAquaria and in there was a creature I've been waiting 4 months for, A Crinoid Squat Lobster. But not any normal one, A WHITE/YELLOW/BLACK Crinoid Squat Lobster!

For now he's in a 1g Holding jar with some Macros (Red Feather and Purple Fachae) awaiting a new tank to arrive. I've wanted this color pattern since I ever saw it. The reason I say it might be seasonal is because the last time one popped up on Divers Den was Early December 2020, none over the winter, and this week all of a sudden 3 pop up (this was 1 out of 3) Anyways, I hope yoy guys enjoy him as much as I do! Seriously might be coming my favorite invert (don't tell the bisma worms )

20210312_105733.jpg

20210312_123643.jpg
This is absolutely fantastic! I created a thread not too long ago for people to suggest Squat Lobsters to Live Aquaria!!! I had my friends and family fill out a couple ;).

My tank hasn’t cycled yet but I am so happy you got one! Keep us up to date with how it works out.

Melodydavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20210312_105733.jpg

20210312_123643.jpg
What a lovely animal!!!

cconnolly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a long term report on how it’s doing in your tank? We are very interested in these interesting creatures but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of people with them

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back