Feb07090.jpg

Chelsey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awwwwwwww :)

I was lucky enough to have a pistol shrimp as a hitchhiker on one of my zoa colonies...now if I could only figure out what goby to pair him with...

On another note, I lost my two spot (bimaculatus) blenny...cannot find him anywhere :( He had the most personality of any fish I've owned :(

cardgenius

Paging Dr. Greenthumb!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I love those guys. Just wait till you see it eat a star, its awesome :D Just be careful with your powerheads, thats how I lost mine:(

Last edited:

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are pretty, how long does a star fish last as food for them? Do they eat a whole starfish in a matter of days? I though about getting one before but not sure I can afford the starfish to keep them going if they eat them up to fast....

OP
OP
R

Randy

Zoa Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure yet I got him 2 weeks ago to see if he will eat the starfish explosion in my tank.I didn't find him till this pic.He or it moved into a good spot and has been there for 2 days now but as you see that white blur in the pic is a starfish and it is not doing it's job real well.Now that I found it's home I can watch and see if it will eat them.If not I'll order a few stars.

cardgenius

Paging Dr. Greenthumb!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had a pair, they would eat a large chocolate chip star in about a week. I would usually wait another week before buying them another. The star will stay alive pretty much the whole time they are eating it. I would only see mine when they were hungry, they would come out of their lair and would wander around looking for stars and would usually find the asterina eat untill I got them a new Chocolate.

Only thing I didnt like was the mess they left ovet from the star. They'll eat most of it but always leave a nice pile for you to clean up.

berns

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awwwwwwww :)

I was lucky enough to have a pistol shrimp as a hitchhiker on one of my zoa colonies...now if I could only figure out what goby to pair him with...

On another note, I lost my two spot (bimaculatus) blenny...cannot find him anywhere :( He had the most personality of any fish I've owned :(

hey chelsey did this loss coincide with new pistol shrimp??? maybe the blenny thought it was a goby for an instant and wanna do some home sharing........

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back