My new Mitra LX7 just arrived! Loving this new light!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The master would technically be the PLM-PWC communications card(ProfiLux), following Mitras pendants are slaves.

Correct; your P4 will be the master, sending the programming to the Mitras which will all be set as slaves.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the LX7 Comfortably cover a 36" tank or no?

Yep, without a problem! A single fixture can give you a spread of about 36" x 24". Of course, it also depends on what kinds of corals you're keeping in the tank. If it's a mixed tank, a single fixture will provide plenty of light. If you're keeping an SPS dominant tank, that's where 2 fixtures would be best as you'll be able to jam pack the tank with SPS and still provide plenty of light. ;)

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, without a problem! A single fixture can give you a spread of about 36" x 24". Of course, it also depends on what kinds of corals you're keeping in the tank. If it's a mixed tank, a single fixture will provide plenty of light. If you're keeping an SPS dominant tank, that's where 2 fixtures would be best as you'll be able to jam pack the tank with SPS and still provide plenty of light. ;)

Appreciate the quick reply! It most definitely would be a mixed reef, less sps more everything else haha

One final question, about how high would you reccomend the light be hung from the water surface for good coverage? I tried to find this information on the webpage and owners manual but it didnt list coverage area (that i could see at least)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it!

Putting the fixture anywhere between 8-12 inches off the water surface is recommended.

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more question! when doing the simulations, are the light fixtures switched along their width or length? Reason being my tank is 8 feet long and 2 feet wide I'm wondering what would be the required position to allow proper operation of the various simulations ? Depending on the switching direction, mounting the lights in parallel with the width or length of the tank could have the simulations run from back to front or from one side to the next !

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What temps are you guys getting with your lx7's? I have mine set to high output, 95% max, fan speed 100% and im hitting 64 Celcius. Not in a hood or inclosure at all. All blues and violets and uv at 100%, all the other channels at 30%.

Should i be concerned? The fixture is quite hot to the touch..

@Vinny@GHLUSA

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What temps are you guys getting with your lx7's? I have mine set to high output, 95% max, fan speed 100% and im hitting 64 Celcius. Not in a hood or inclosure at all. All blues and violets and uv at 100%, all the other channels at 30%.

Should i be concerned? The fixture is quite hot to the touch..

@Vinny@GHLUSA
It's not a problem. The fixture itself is designed to be used to disperse heat, this allows us to use smaller fans, less noise etc. :)

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not a problem. The fixture itself is designed to be used to disperse heat, this allows us to use smaller fans, less noise etc. :)
Okay!

The only reason i ask is because the manual says normal operating temps of 40 C

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Internal temperature will vary on several factors, including room temperature, duration of photoperiod, set intensity, etc.

Here's what the inside of the fixture looks like from the top:
mitras-lx7-led-ghl-1.jpg

The reason you feel the heat at the ends and top is because of the large heat sink which extends to nearly the length of the whole fixture. This heat is transferred to the fins and sides of the fixture, away from the vital components. The addition of the 3 fans are there to provide additional air circulation and pull the heat emitted from the diode away from the main board. 72 LEDs do pack quite a bit of heat so we need the large heatsink and 3 fans to keep the components running safely.

All in all, if you feel heat at the sides of the fixture, don't worry. The fixture is just taking heat produced by the 72 LEDs and bringing it to the top and sides of the fixture. That's how it keeps your LEDs running at top-level performance. ;)

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll post what I'm running when I get home this evening if I havery time. The gist is blues and uv 95% and other spectrums about 60% (personal color preference). Lights on at 1pm, 1 hour ramp to max intensity and out at 11pm, 1 hour ramp down

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I somehow turned on cloud simulation in MYGHL and cant figure out how to shut it off. The lights keep changing intensity and its bugging me. How to i completely shut off any and all cloud simulation? @Vinny@GHLUSA

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I somehow turned on cloud simulation in MYGHL and cant figure out how to shut it off. The lights keep changing intensity and its bugging me. How to i completely shut off any and all cloud simulation? @Vinny@GHLUSA
Couldnt get it figured out so i unplugged and replugged in the light and its back to normal.

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To Marco, Vinny, slief, etc. that has these. I'm looking to illuminate my standard 120 reef with the LX7's. How many do y'all think? I just purchased 2. Tank will be primarily SPS (if I can keep them alive) and some LPS. Tank has center brace so not sure if two will be enough (one over each side). How high should I mount them? Would I need to supplement w/ T5?
Any help and advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Rob

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 41 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.1%
Back