My new power center with individual on/off switches

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just came in today! I bought a surge protector power center that has an on off switch for each individual outlet. It can be mounted in the cabinet or sit along the side. I'm excited to get it home and hooked up. Now I can turn off individual components instead of unplugging the whole power strip from the wall when doing my water changes :)

3wZrO7Yl.jpg

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Ideal, if someone is wanting a free standing solution for power distribution.

There are a good number of reefers, myself included, that have used DJ style rack mount switchable power supplies with good results.

https://www.amazon.com/American-Pc-...343&sr=8-2&keywords=dj+rack+mount+power+strip

Being able to turn on/off individual components for maintenance is great.

I wish my Reefkeeper PB4's had a physical 'off' switch at each outlet. Yeah, you can thumb through the menus and turn an outlet off, but I generally just unplug the item in question. Say, killing this skimmer to clean the collection cup... you do it all the time, nice to be able to do so without plugging/unplugging components. Especially in a restricted space, like most under tank sump areas are.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool. Bought the last one!
There are multiple sellers of this item, for anyone looking for one it's called
Power Play PP-52819HTC

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty neat. A controllable power outlet is perhaps the most important gadget to me, since I need it during every water change.
Especially if you don't have the funds or don't want an expensive controller such as the Apex.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Especially if you don't have the funds or don't want an expensive controller such as the Apex.
I don't know how much is the price of this one, a DIY version would cost around 100$ USD, with GFCI + Fuse for 8 outlets at least. But definitely worth it. It just so much time consuming to switch plug/unplug things during water changes, and it is also the time when our hands might be wet :-(
good investment

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how much is the price of this one, a DIY version would cost around 100$ USD, with GFCI + Fuse for 8 outlets at least. But definitely worth it. It just so much time consuming to switch plug/unplug things during water changes, and it is also the time when our hands might be wet :-(
good investment
I just noticed the ebay link. This is a sweet deal :)

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here it is all plugged in and running. I checked each switch and everything works great! Still need to mount it, not sure how I'm going to do that yet.

Owp3ZTfl.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back