Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

cono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the one I picked up from Amazon and really like it ....easy to use when you have to turn a pump or anything to service it ....the only complaint I have is that I have one heater connected with extension and a little water got onto the extention outlet and it didn't trigger the gfi to ho off
5fbb8cb87235a75b77e4447f05e48d0d.jpg

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the one I picked up from Amazon and really like it ....easy to use when you have to turn a pump or anything to service it ....the only complaint I have is that I have one heater connected with extension and a little water got onto the extention outlet and it didn't trigger the gfi to ho off
5fbb8cb87235a75b77e4447f05e48d0d.jpg
That’s an ungrounded plug. It wouldn’t trip a GROUND fault circuit interrupter

izzyishh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s going in my new stand. :) I have a controller but this way I can put things that don’t need that level of automation on here and easily turn them on/off.

Edit: the white/grey one is $7 less for some reason. Just FYI
I love it works great! Especially able to turn on and off individual devices

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Krzydmnd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The unit is still available as of 0900 CDT 04/12/2018 for $67.95

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Play...ower-9250-Joule-Surge-Protector-/231508954128

The only thing I do not like is the lights, my tank is in living room and the blue lights are bright, very bright.
I solved bright led indicator lights by putting a piece of blue painters tape over the light. I live in a loft apartment so every light seems to light my whole place up at night! It's amazing how bright they are.

It works great on everything, the oven clock display, all of my tank equipment with led indicators, cable box display, etc...

Made a huge difference and you can still see the lights, even the time on the clock.

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just came in today! I bought a surge protector power center that has an on off switch for each individual outlet. It can be mounted in the cabinet or sit along the side. I'm excited to get it home and hooked up. Now I can turn off individual components instead of unplugging the whole power strip from the wall when doing my water changes :)

3wZrO7Yl.jpg

Thanks for sharing Crabs !
Just ordered 3 of these for my two 120Gs and QT Tanks. Love the fact that each of the 10 outlets has its own switch AND the fact that its a free standing tower.

Last edited:

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power Play Pp-52819htc

I bought it a few months back. One of the buttons won’t turn off. So I just put it on a pump.

Today’s issue! One of my corals looked funny. I looked around and my heaters were off. The button for the heater was clicked off...

Now is it a faulty unit? I was vacuuming last night did I bump it? Would that click it? Even if I did bump it my temp got down to 75d normay at 76d . Would that drop only 1d over night or did it just happen by it self ?

I’m super worried about this power center. I’m leaving on vacation also next week for 8 days. I think I’m finding a different one and plugging everything in manually for vacation...

Any ideas?

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power Play Pp-52819htc

I bought it a few months back. One of the buttons won’t turn off. So I just put it on a pump.

Today’s issue! One of my corals looked funny. I looked around and my heaters were off. The button for the heater was clicked off...

Now is it a faulty unit? I was vacuuming last night did I bump it? Would that click it? Even if I did bump it my temp got down to 75d normay at 76d . Would that drop only 1d over night or did it just happen by it self ?

I’m super worried about this power center. I’m leaving on vacation also next week for 8 days. I think I’m finding a different one and plugging everything in manually for vacation...

Any ideas?

@Neo Jeo ... There is a "Reset" button on the back of the unit. Have you tried pushing that button ?

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Power Play Pp-52819htc

Any ideas?
That's weird. You didn't get the unit wet at all did you? Mine is still going strong no issues whatsoever.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I did not get it wet. I did not hit thst button.

I think the buttons on the unit are just cheap. I ordered a DJ unit and will be tossing this one. I just don’t trust it now.

saullman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the ADJ PC-100A and it works perfect. I've had it about 9 months with 0 issues so far and I must say that it is the best piece of equipment that I bought for my tank. I purchased it from my local guitar center for $30 plus $5 for an extended warranty in case something happens.
I have a small tank and my wiring may not look pretty, but this power center serves its purpose. I would definitely recommend.
04e48d11a2becfef34f1a641faa2eebc.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.7%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 77 42.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back