my new tanks

boxgj

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good morning everyone. hope everyone enjoy their holiday. I'm a new reefer and i recently got two tanks and I'm starting on a small scale. my tanks haven't been assembled and cycled yet due to me spending the past year researching, watching brs videos and other YouTube videos as well as obtaining information on here.
i wanted to know is there anything else i would need for my two builds. here is the list of everything that i own currently.

first tank is a innovative marine int nuvo 50 (50 gallon) with the stand.
two sicce xstream sdc wifi pumps (now can be used with ITOA FOR APEX)
sicce sdc 6.0 return pump
2 radion g5 blues with diffuser and rack mounts
neptune apex el for temperature and ph but recently at reefaplooza brought a salinity probe (i know i will have to purchase a module for the probe)
avast marine k1 kalk stirrer (I've been doing a lot of research and decided i wanted to dose kalkwasser)
neptune dos for the kalk stirrer
avast marine skimate locker ( also able to connect to the apex when time to do maintenance changes)
tunze 3155 ato
bubble magus 3.5 nac skimmer
18" eshopps cube refugium sump (i dont plan on doing a refugium, instead i will place live rock/ and bio balls inside)
hanna salinty checker
4 stage brs 75gpd rodi unit and also just purchase additional two stage so now its six stages
1ecotech versa

2nd tank is a waterbox cube 20 i got from marine depot at 40% during the recent liquidation sale i plan on placing this one in my bedroom but i was considering starting both tanks at the same time but not sure yet but i already have in mind what i want to get for this build.
i already own a second apex but this one is an apex jr for this tank brand new and got an extra ph probe to just monitor temp and ph on this tank
considering getting an xr 15 g5 pro for this tank but only just one fixture.
i also have aecotech mp10 for this tank too and a aqua xp ato
i was considering getting the intank chamber one modification for this tank and also a skimmer but i need advice on what else should get on this all in one system.

im sorry if i wrote alot on this post but I'm very new to this and i plan on working very hard to become successful in this hobby. i also have huge interest in fully automating both tanks through the apex and also using amazon Alexa for voice control and status updates

my question to you guys is anything else you recommend to help me get this build going? i know i need rock and sand but as far as full reef automation, ato reservoirs and any other equipment. should i only dose kalk on both builds or consider getting all for reef. thank you and your advice is greatly appreciated

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back