• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

My not so good experience with Waterbox thus far....

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Fat Sacs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I start I am still optimistic that Waterbox will make this right and this is in no way bashing them or their product. I am just sharing my experience thus far.

That being said I ordered their 30.2 tank back on 8/28. Received the tank on the 4th and upon my inspection found that the tank was chipped and scratched. Contacted their customer support and had them issue out a replacement tank.

I must say the responses were quick and professional. I just received the replacement tank yesterday upon my inspection found that it is also scratched, but this time higher up and in the line of sight. I am currently awaiting a response from them to see how they plan on handling this.

This is definetly not my first tank and I have been in the hobby for nearly 20 years. I was extremely cautious the first time and tried even more so yesterday to no avail. I also ordered a 10g WB for my daughters room last week and it arrived in perfect shape. Has anyone else has any issues with their tanks when first receiving them?

1st tank
43614148215_3d921a344c_k.jpg

42714641070_7729a950b6_k.jpg

2nd tank
29709073257_cf4c61ba3b_k.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thread moved to vendor feedback and per our TOS all outside comments have been removed. This is an issue between the OP and Waterbox.

OP
OP
Fat Sacs

Fat Sacs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I wanted to provide an update for everyone........I received an email back from Waterbox stating

"All aquariums are thoroughly checked before leaving our factory for any scratches or defects. Damages, breakage and scratches would happen during shipping or set up. Since this shipment arrived with no damages this would not qualify as a warranty or shipping replacement."

In a nutshell they are trying to imply that I scratched the tank on setup!

This is very bad customer service and accusation to make to someone who already received one defecated tank. So at this point they offered a $50 refund and have pushed me to the wayside.

Its also very ironic in that I received an email from Richard Gilliland their president on 9/18 about " why did you leave your cart? and some other selling tactic questions, so I responded to him with my issues and concerns and have never heard back from him. If I had the opportunity to start over again I would choose a different company. If you happen to receive a flawless tank like you paid for then the build quality is great, if you receive anything other, then best of luck. Anyone can make a tank, its the service that separates you from your competitors and with the experience I've had I feel Waterbox is the type of company to sell as many units despite proper QC and the customer service/experience.

43912355215_9872fe0c32_k.jpg

OP
OP
Fat Sacs

Fat Sacs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well good logic except for the shipping company left this at my house while I was at work. There was nothing to sign off on nor inspect until opening the create/boxes and pulling out the tank.

I sure as hell am not trying to get over on anyone. I paid a pretty penny for a 30g tank and the only thing I expected was to receive a flawless tank that I PAID for. I know, crazy expectation right?

OP
OP
Fat Sacs

Fat Sacs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the other hand, the scratch is just tiny. I probably would have been fuming too but not sure if the scratch warrants the stress. I'd say - enjoy the tank and learn from experience.

So what exactly should I be learning from this experience? The fact that I should except a defected tank just because the scratch is small?

Thats like buying a a new car and saying just because your brand new car has a scratch that its ok and you should learn to accept it!? Come on, thats ludicrous!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a reminder, outside comments in a vendor feedback thread are not permitted. The only acception is posting a link to your own vendor feedback thread in regards to the same vendor.
Thank you

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back