My PH is dropping insanity.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv had this tank for 3 weeks now. I have my ph at 7.88 currently. Iv seen it drop even mote to 7.76. My tank is in my basement. I have no windows there. And my dehumidifer is always on. If someone can please help me what should i do? I dont want to lose my fish. And im really worried. My cycle ended 2 days ago and i added 2 clowns and 7 hermit crabs. I didnt turn on my skimmer yet because im waiting on my riser. Any solutions for me? I really dont want to lose my fish.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) is the probe calibrated, how?
2 can you run an airline to the outside for the skimmer? You should turn it on also. Even if for airation.
Its the apex neptune one i calobrated it with the sachets. Skimmer i cant turn on as im waiting on my riser for the right water level should be delivered the next few days. As far as the outside. No i dont have access for the outside.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its the apex neptune one i calobrated it with the sachets. Skimmer i cant turn on as im waiting on my riser for the right water level should be delivered the next few days. As far as the outside. No i dont have access for the outside.
Did you read the replies on your previous thread about the same subject?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Automatic or manual calibration?
Oh, thanks Garf.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you read the replies on your previous thread about the same subject?

Yes running an airline tubing is not an option so i dont know what u want me to read there

Goodersgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unlikely NSW has those Ph values, don't panic ;).. You're doing the right thing by testing though

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manual will give you better results. Also, you can turn on the tc button will also help. (temperature calibration)
Tc button like u mean the calibration for the temperature? I didnt calibrate the temperature probe because its showing 77 just like my helios system. So its correct

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tc button like u mean the calibration for the temperature? I didnt calibrate the temperature probe because its showing 77 just like my helios system. So its correct
It's not the same.
It's not for telling you the temperature, it's for telling you the compensated ph in that temperature.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not the same.
It's not for telling you the temperature, it's for telling you the compensated ph in that temperature.
Are u talking about this in the temperature calibration page?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220920-115047_APEX Fusion.jpg
    Screenshot_20220920-115047_APEX Fusion.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 10

AFHokie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes running an airline tubing is not an option so i dont know what u want me to read there
You do know that you can keep replying to the original thread, right? If a solution won't work, you can keep asking for other ideas in that same one. You don't need to create another new thread.

I'm not saying this to be a jerk. I mean it as a legit suggestion because I don't think there is a single thread that you've started where you don't go create another one of the same exact topic a day or two later.

Back