My piece of the Reef 300 + gallon system

Velocity

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I think it is time for a mandarin. I have always wanted one just wanted to make sure it thrived.

I actually just posted last week about tips and tricks on being successful with Mandarins.

I did a splash of Pods and Live Brine, he seems to be doing great. My tank has been up for a few years but still nervous on feeding him to.

No way you won't be successful and happy with yours.

OP
OP
Reefinny

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FTS on 7.9.15 and my new blue Tenuis colony
Blue Tenuis.jpg
FTS.7.9.15.jpg

OP
OP
Reefinny

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow -- I just read through my build. Amazing how much change and evolving over the years. Shows - plan plan plan. Then plan some more. This forum has been great for me. Starting out I didn't know much about salt water always had fresh water tanks. For any newbie that stumbles across this - look at my early pics - don't rush it. Let it develop - consistency is the way to go. It was probably the 1.5 year mark that I was really able to start to get corals to grow and 2.5 years before I was able to make them thrive! Good lights help that also!!! Man the money I spent in lights along the way. ATI T5 all the way now!!

OP
OP
Reefinny

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My evolution continues. I just picked up a 93 cube. It is going in the sump room! I have some nice area near the sump that I will be able to set this up where it can be viewed by 3 sides. Going to run a 8 bulb 24" with 2 reefbrites. Tank does not have an overflow - so I will drill it and just use a Glass Holes overflow box on it. Get more real estate that way anyway.

OP
OP
Reefinny

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... in post 164 the chalice in the pic, this is it now it is at least 12" across. Bottom center of the pic. When the blues kick on the colors amazing. Went in my tank around June of 2015.

You can really see the scale next to my daughter.

b333fca5ae01c74836d6e7d5f7e45bb8.jpg

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very very nice!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.1%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%

Back