My Planet Aquariums Tideline 62g build thread

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have that tank, but this is what Planet Aquariums says about that: "the 62G Lagoon features 2 separate return pump chambers and 2 return pumps for improved circulation & filtration. One chamber WILL drain faster than the other. Be sure to put your ATO on the faster-draining chamber, or keep the water level at least 1/2" above both return pump baffles."

Hope this helps.
Hey Grumpy, Thanks! I know you were hoping but I am curious on how you think that helps?

If you read my post, you'll see I wrote the words "...within days of putting my ato sensor on the faster side, it switches sides." and "the side that drains faster switches.." Of course you read that and still decided to reply to a question I asked the OP, on a Tank you have no experience with, with an answer you copied from Google?...wow if you aren't on the Reef Squad or getting paid for this kind of support, you really should be! So please, tell me how you think your reply to my question, was helpful?

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you ever run into the issue of the side that drains faster switches? I have my ato setup on the left side but it switches often, I cant seem to find a happy median with it. I upgraded pumps to sicce syncra 1.0's and have one of them dialed back using the internal flow adjuster, and it still seems to drain faster, within days of putting my ato sensor on the faster side, it switches sides. frustrating..

I did......and it's honestly part of why I ended up getting rid of this tank. As soon as one of the filter socks started to clog or a pump got a snail in it or slowed down, the other side would go down faster.

What I did to at least sort of solve the issue temporarily is put my RO water on a dosing pump, and just set it to slowly add a specific amount each day once I figured out kind of how much I would evaporate daily.....then just top it off manually occasionally to keep it right

Grumpyfish64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Grumpy, Thanks! I know you were hoping but I am curious on how you think that helps?

If you read my post, you'll see I wrote the words "...within days of putting my ato sensor on the faster side, it switches sides." and "the side that drains faster switches.." Of course you read that and still decided to reply to a question I asked the OP, on a Tank you have no experience with, with an answer you copied from Google?...wow if you aren't on the Reef Squad or getting paid for this kind of support, you really should be! So please, tell me how you think your reply to my question, was helpful?
I think the idea is that if the water level is a little above the baffles, it won't matter which side drains faster because the water level will be the same in both chambers. But you are correct. I do not have experience with this tank. I was just trying to offer another option to consider.

I copied that from http://www.dfwaquarium.com/Products/Tideline-All-In-One-Nanos/AIO-Aquarium-62G-Lagoon.html.

ReeferMadness80G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the idea is that if the water level is a little above the baffles, it won't matter which side drains faster because the water level will be the same in both chambers. But you are correct. I do not have experience with this tank. I was just trying to offer another option to consider.

I copied that from http://www.dfwaquarium.com/Products/Tideline-All-In-One-Nanos/AIO-Aquarium-62G-Lagoon.html.
Hey Grumpy,
I apologize for my response yesterday, it caught me at a bad time in my work day and it had nothing to do with you. I appreciate you trying to help.

bc891

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great info on this thread. I’ve revisited it a couple times now as I’ve gotten mine set up.

I second Kreative Reefer. Their stuff seems to be great and customer service is . I have the basket on one side and their 2.75” adapter for the water box socks on the other (new to this hobby.. will see how that works out).

Saw some comments early on about getting rid of those standard wave nozzles. I switched mine out with locline. Took a couple trips and getting creative.

-3/4” barbed adapter to slip fitting.
-Slip fitting into 90 degree elbow.
-Small piece of pvc cut to connect the elbow to bulkhead fitting.
-Threaded locline nozzle in the display side.

You will have to cut a little bit off of the elbow itself so the assembly fits together horizontally, with the sump chamber being so narrow (unless you can find bulkheads with not as much thread).

I’m new on this page.. as soon as I can figure out how to post some pics I will below.

Hope this helps!
-Brad

bc891

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
41EB5E01-C40C-4146-BAF8-4C4E108237B6.jpeg
IMG_1879.jpeg
IMG_1870.jpeg

OP
OP
NTar11

NTar11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you ever run into the issue of the side that drains faster switches? I have my ato setup on the left side but it switches often, I cant seem to find a happy median with it. I upgraded pumps to sicce syncra 1.0's and have one of them dialed back using the internal flow adjuster, and it still seems to drain faster, within days of putting my ato sensor on the faster side, it switches sides. frustrating..
Hey sorry it’s been some time since I’ve been logged in. I lost everything in my tank except my black cap basslet and Halloween crab so I have lost a lot of Interest as of lately. All of my fish ended up getting pulled into my Nero 5 and I really don’t believe it was health related however I know everyone says healthy fish wouldn’t be sucked into it. My problem set aside let’s talk about yours. The only return I have ever had an issue with running dry was the left side. I struggled with this quite a bit. I feel that most of my problem was not having the water level high enough in the tank. Once I corrected water level, ditched the filter socks, installed ato, and bought the drop in baskets my issues are completely resolved. I use filter floss in the top and replace it frequently. I clean the return grates with a toothbrush frequently too as they get plugged up very easily. I hope it helps as I know it’s frustrating.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back