OP
OP
NTar11

NTar11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquamax skimmer installed. Had to do a little bit to get it to work properly. Rear chambers are too deep.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 245
OP
OP
NTar11

NTar11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to be getting this complete set up free from my uncle. It’s got everything to run. Even has the old hali lights. Gonna take some time to pretty up the stand and do a more in depth layout for corals.

Attachments

• BB57AFD2-8932-4484-88FE-45591010435B.jpeg
    BB57AFD2-8932-4484-88FE-45591010435B.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 249
OP
OP
NTar11

NTar11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little photo shoot. Need a better photo takin device….

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 201
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 162
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 173
OP
OP
NTar11

NTar11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomini tang
Yellow head goby
Black cap basslet
Pair or clowns
Firefish
Halloween hermit
Chocolate chip star
2 conches
4 blue leg hermit crabs
2 nassarius snails

Lost Fish.
Flasher wrasse Jumped
Exquisite wrasse Unknown
Mandarin drag Fin Rot in QT
Coral Beauty ich???

Also started to get some coralline algae growth starting. Sort of excited sort of not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NTar11

NTar11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two month update… Coralline growth
I believe I have come a long way for being two months in to this hobby. My tank is coming along well and parameters seem to be holding well with my husbandry. In that two months I have completed two 8 gal water changes about to do my third next week. I have purchased quite a bit of equipment for testing and perform those tests weekly if not more. The aqua maxx protein skimmer is doing well however this was frustrating at first as I had to do a few things to make this work (nothing too difficult). It was worth the money spent one it as I believed my tank is doing better because of it. I wanted to share a little bit of my experience with my 62 gallon Planet aquarium’s AIO and it’s pros and cons. The tank is well constructed the glass is clear. The pumps are doing their job just fine and for the spinner returns I could do without after awhile they start to stick due to build up. As for my filtration setup I went with the filter socks for a month with filter media placed over top of them. After while I was having water supply issues and would hear the pumps starting to run dry so I ditched the filter socks and I am just running standard filter media on one side and carbon filter media on the other. The biggest downfall for this is the rear chambers in back are very limiting for equipment due to size. That being said I have managed to get everything I need with the limited options out there to fit. I would definitely purchase this again however I have quickly gained a desire for a much larger aquarium as I fell may be the case for many new to the hobby. Someone who has been in the hobby awhile looking to downsize this would suit well. If I can think of more to add later I will. Feel free to ask any questions.

Last edited:

Grumpyfish64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the spinner returns on your Tideline hard to clean? I've been contemplating one of the smaller Tideline AIOs, but I'm not too sure about the returns, and I don't know how hard it would be to replace them with something else.

OP
OP
NTar11

NTar11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the spinner returns on your Tideline hard to clean? I've been contemplating one of the smaller Tideline AIOs, but I'm not too sure about the returns, and I don't know how hard it would be to replace them with something else.
TBH I haven’t tried cleaning them. One is still spinning the other has stopped and just pushes water to the surface. It hasn’t caused a problem so I haven’t messed with it. I’m sure I could take a small pipe brush clean the build up out and it would spin just fine again.

navada718

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite easily actually. Just added these to my 50 gal, aio & I'm considering tossing my wave pump, due to they're efficiency.

OP
OP
NTar11

NTar11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite easily actually. Just added these to my 50 gal, aio & I'm considering tossing my wave pump, due to they're efficiency.
https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/d...ow-generator-rfg050-vivid-creative/ [/QUOTE]
Would you be able to give us a little explanation of how you did this?

After looking into this a bit you have a IM tank so I’m unsure if this is possible?

Last edited:
OP
OP
NTar11

NTar11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I had to learn the hard way on why quarantine was so important. Lost a coral beauty… trying not to lose anymore. 40 gallon breeder to be treated with copper and let the display tank hang out to get rid of the funk. :disappointed-face:

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fishtank603

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up tideline 49 lagoon This afternoon will be tearing down my flex 32 what did you end up doing in the back chambers as far as filtration? I’m not been able to find any media baskets for it and cool on Medaryville I am by Lafayette lol

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up tideline 49 lagoon This afternoon will be tearing down my flex 32 what did you end up doing in the back chambers as far as filtration? I’m not been able to find any media baskets for it and cool on Medaryville I am by Lafayette lol
According to inTank they don't have anything designed for the tideline yet but it is in theory production list.....so hopefully eventually??

Back